What did Santa bring?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I didn't get any archery goodies this Christmas (I was getting a new partial knee replacement instead - just as welcome), so Santa must have struggled down a few of your chimneys with some goodies!
It's show and tell time!

Merry Christmas!!
I hope that your knee recovery goes well. Was it another kickboxing injury?
Santa brought me a promise of a new sight to go on the riser I bought back in November.
Does anyone know what an Axcel Achieve Xp UHM recurve sight weighs?? I can't find out on Google and Truball don't say on their website.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
[
Merry Christmas!!
I hope that your knee recovery goes well. Was it another kickboxing injury?
Santa brought me a promise of a new sight to go on the riser I bought back in November.
Does anyone know what an Axcel Achieve Xp UHM recurve sight weighs?? I can't find out on Google and Truball don't say on their website.
Ha! no, but much fun in a misspent youth, methinks! I'm recovering well.
Hmm, no idea on the sight, it sounds like you'll have plenty to twiddle with when you get it. One of the big online retailers has 10% off today, I believe.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I got a new bow stand (Avalon hybrid in pink);
a fletching jig;
a rechargeable hand warmer which also doubles up as a phone battery (that's just the best thing ever), also pink;
a draw weight gauge (I'm an endless fiddler, and gradually winding my bow poundage up, so mighty useful);
and a tube of arrow snot.
Very happy with all of those things. Less happy when I figured out that I can't use my Smartriser to shoot barebow, because it has integral damping, so I'm going to need to buy a new riser for that. Sigh. Although we do have a trip to Custom Archery planned sometime soon, so at least there's something I can buy.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
The Smartriser has recently been approved for barebow, unless you have a peculiar one.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Oh, really? That's brilliant news. Could you point me in the direction of the article/rule change/wherever I might find it?
i'm surprised, though, since it does have integral hydraulic dampers, and they would seem not to be allowed in the Archery GB rules. Happy to hear, though.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I'm afraid not, as I'm not a serious BB shooter, but was chatting with some guys in the summer and they were discussing this very subject.

malbro

Instinctive Archer
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
A new set of carbon arrows from Linkboy in China, one thing I have noticed is that field archers seem to be happy buying from China whilst target archers seem to spend a lot more on Easton Arrows. Given that this set of 7.5mm OD arrows all weight within 0.5grains and only cost around £5.69 delivered I am not sure why more target archers don't buy their arrows this way.

supply included a full coloured wrap and real feather fletchings as I mainly shoot barebow off the shelf at a field archery club, only downside I can find is delivery time.

New Set.jpg

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Sounds good, if they come up within a grain or so in weight. Have you weighed them and spine checked them? My experience with cheap chinese imports has been appalling...

malbro

Instinctive Archer
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Sounds good, if they come up within a grain or so in weight. Have you weighed them and spine checked them? My experience with cheap chinese imports has been appalling...
I weighed every one of the twelve and checked the static spine, FOC etc. Linkboy appear to be a reputable manufacturer (for a Chinese operation). All arrows are within =/- 0.003" straightness, only variation in OD is when there is text on the wrap.

Corax67

Nothing archery related - I have everything I’m ever likely to need other than a new longbow if my current one wears out.

I did however get a Feinwerkbau P8X (4th hand) PCP target pistol - back to the halcyon days of my youth with a bit of 6m pistol practice on the horizon - a nice warm indoor sport ;)

Found out there is the possibility of a bell target league starting up near to where I live before long and what better than a bit of target shooting in a pub of an evening.

Hope the knee is all better soon TT

Karl

Senlac

Supporter
Supporter
I got a new hip. Well, a bit before Christmas... But the transformation was wonderful. Now I'm working on getting all the muscles and nerves to work properly in this new world - and walk in a straight line (avoiding Trendelenburg's Gait). Oh, and all the associated joints (other hip, knee, back etc.) are all complaining about the change...

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Ha more broken archers :D Good luck in the rehab! I'm struggling with an allergy to the sutures.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Bad news about the Smartriser - after some digging, I'm forced to conclude that the Nero model is approved for barebow, but the one I have, the XM1 Olympic model with the hydraulic dampers, isn't. Oh well. I wasn't planning on doing any tournaments with it barebow, anyway, so I think I'll live.

HongKongPhooey

Supporter
Supporter
Well my Christmas list was mainly archery related so got a few goodies
Avalon classic hard shell backpack
A tec one arrow rest
A voucher for the local archery emporium
And two archery related T-shirt’s
And whilst doing my Christmas shopping I accidentally ordered a mybo elite riser for myself :)
I'll add to the Broken archer list with recovering from knee surgery in November too

Jake Bullit

A new set of carbon arrows from Linkboy in China, one thing I have noticed is that field archers seem to be happy buying from China whilst target archers seem to spend a lot more on Easton Arrows. Given that this set of 7.5mm OD arrows all weight within 0.5grains and only cost around £5.69 delivered I am not sure why more target archers don't buy their arrows this way.

supply included a full coloured wrap and real feather fletchings as I mainly shoot barebow off the shelf at a field archery club, only downside I can find is delivery time.

View attachment 7960
I bought a set of carbons with a bamboo wrap for my horsebow from Linkboy too.They shoot great for the money.

Attachments

dottorfoggy

New string color for me, from orange fluo to blue. Lees invasive when shooting outside with less glow.
I have already all I need now :)