What should we discuss next?

jerryRTD

What finger do you use to trigger the release? and what is the problem with the bow? drawlength too long or too short?

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Drawlength too short, 29" when I really need 30". Ths puts me out of position with shoulder and ideal alignment isnt there so struggle to get a repeatable anchor that doesnt cause my release to skew fractionally.
I bought a hundred quid bow so knew it wouldnt be perfect and when things go well I do pretty OK.
I recently bought a second hand set of ACE's that nominally suit my bow but they dont group as well as my much cheaper carbons that are supposedly too stiff.

jerryRTD

Drawlength too short, 29" when I really need 30". Ths puts me out of position with shoulder and ideal alignment isnt there so struggle to get a repeatable anchor that doesnt cause my release to skew fractionally.
I bought a hundred quid bow so knew it wouldnt be perfect and when things go well I do pretty OK.
I recently bought a second hand set of ACE's that nominally suit my bow but they dont group as well as my much cheaper carbons that are supposedly too stiff.
I take it you have got a long 'D' loop. I would expect you to be using around a 370 spine arrow.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
re drawlength... with an extra long d loop you could compensate for half of the 1" deficiency and the other half really shouldn't make a huge difference.
re ACEs, barrelled arrows are more tricky to tune out of a compound. I thought they came out too fast even with my need for speed :) There really is no 'too stiff' when it comes to compound arrows. They just get heavier. A heavy parallel arrow will be easier to tune than a light barrelled arrow even if it is stiff enough. I found it was the weak back end that was problematic.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I need to replace the D loop anyway so will make the necessary adjustments. As for the miscreant ACE's I shall try refletching them first as they ahve spin vanes on so will try ordinary vanes.
Peak weight is set at 41# so if I am reading the charts properly a spine of 520 is recommended. I havent measured the arrow speed directly with a chrono, only used maths to calculate based on drop between 2 distances