small microfiber towel
string wax
arrow rake
small pot of arrow lube
two arm braces
stretchy sports sleeve to go over brace
small roll of surgical tape
Geez - adds up doesn't it?
Holy cow that's a lot of stuff, but I bet you don't use a quarter of that for a typical day at the range.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Holy cow that's a lot of stuff, but I bet you don't use a quarter of that for a typical day at the range.
I decided that the place for arrow maintenance is at home in front of the fire. I stopped carrying all the arrow maintenance stuff and just carry a couple of extra arrows which covers all eventualities including losing arrows. I made an exception for nocks as they are so light and are almost a consumable.

Similarly string maintenance stuff; I carry a spare string instead and that covers everything including breakage.

The less stuff that you can humph round the field course, the better.

AndyW

Ooops, I've got spare arrows as well. Including two sacrificial arrows which tend to get shot more than most - I don't like breaking the pretty ones.
TBF it's just an accumulation from 2 day shoots away from home and I'm too lazy to empty it all out.

Jimbow

Arrows
Arrow puller
Large flat screwdriver
Arrow rake
Towel ( for cleaning arrows - I miss sometimes)
Tabs ( several for when it rains and get wet)
Arrow lube tube ( for 3D's)
Tally counter
Pen
Couple of bow stringers

Used to carry a lot more ( bincs, multi tools etc) cant be bothered now. Have a full repair kit in the car if I need to fix something or reserve a string over tea ( the most important part of shooting)

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I have:
  • Beiter arm guard
  • wrist sling
  • out-of-date sight marks
  • Swiss Army knife
  • whistle
  • four pens
  • two finger tabs (I shoot compound, though...)
  • spectacles repair kit
  • spare Hoyt Super Rest (I shoot compound, but carry that in case someone else needs it)
  • spare belt clip for the quiver
  • small steel rod for use as a tommy bar

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
6ft x 20" Mundaka Surf Company swallow tail hybrid shortboard
6ft x 19" Bunty squashtail shortboard
7'6" Bunty Glide mini mal.

Oh... you mean that sort of quiver...

Arrow puller, I stash my Cartel Plain 1 in it, scorecard and pen. And thats about it.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
One less ACG arrow thanks to a sight error. The large field with 2ft long grass behind us now contains two.
And the large area behind our club outdoor range another two.
ARRGHHHH!!!!!

Corax67

One less ACG arrow thanks to a sight error. The large field with 2ft long grass behind us now contains two.
And the large area behind our club outdoor range another two.
ARRGHHHH!!!!!

Flippin heck - if you are going through ACG's like that then I would highly recommend investing in a metal detector !

Karl

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
I bought one, it was terrible, I sent it back and borrowed a club one, spent two hours looking, no luck.
Two more lost at the club last night; really struggling with the new thumb release.
Thank goodness my son shot well or I'd be seriously considering selling my kit and giving up.

Corax67

Get back on the short range targets.

If you are struggling with the new release then there is no point in continuing to shoot your usual distance and losing arrows - have a few sessions on a 20yd boss with target partner who can spot your shots for you & if an arrow misses then it should still be well within the confines of your normal field rather than in the long grass of the overshoot.

Dont get frustrated or put off by these problems just work through them and it will all straighten itself out again - trust me, I've been there and done it (it isn't fun) but in the long run it will make you a better archer.

Karl

piscafile

I use a back quiver, which has a pocket on it but I can't imagine why. What is the point of a pocket you can't reach?
On my belt I have a small pouch that holds my phone, two pens, a leatherman multi tool, cigarettes and lighter (yeah I know, I'm a social leper), my sheath knife, monocular, arrow mop, arrow puller and water canteen. Back at base I have a small holdall with all the other paraphernalia like string wax, bow stand tools spare field points, nocks etc.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Riceburner

I tend somewhat towards trying to be minimal, so in my home-made stalking quiver cum bandolier I have:

Arrows (as many as I have for that bow)
Arrow rake
Swiss Army Knife
Membership cards
arrowpuller on a ski-pass string
old hanky for wiping off wet arrows
spare tab
string wax
mini mole grips (for replacing piles - I use TopHat screw-on piles so I can replace them in the field)
broken off piles
spare piles (including a whistler most of the time)
pencil & pen
spare string
hip flask (containing water ;) I don't )
tea bags (I don't drink milk, so can't drink regular tea, and I don't like Nescafe so don't tend to drink the coffee supplied at shoot locations, so... I carry my own tea bags. (Obviously I still pay for the hot water!!))

That's about it. :)

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
We rent our field course from Scottish Natural Heritage; they inspect the land once a year to make sure that we are looking after it. So, once a year we have a big tidying up session.

There's not a lot of rubbish but every year it amazes me how many ancient beer cans we find in the undergrowth. The members in the last century must have had an amazing capacity for booze.

Mav617

6 x Victory V6 .245 arrows
Bow Square
Whistle
Pen
Arrow Puller
Easton Nock tool/turner
Monocular
Knife/multi-tool with allen keys

Feel a bit under-equipped looking at some of your guys kit.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I know that they're tiny and weigh nothing but I've never felt the need for a nock tool on the course. Are they that useful? (Honest question, not being snarky.)

Nictrix

I have found that sometimes the nocks are difficult to pull out or to twist by hand, the nock tool can give a bit more leverage to twist it loose and let you pull it out.
Pliers would do the same but weigh more.