What's new at your club?

Ook

We are putting up a 10' x 12' storage shed... :)
Storage there is a tale, our outdoor venue, a local school, had decided it needs the storage cup'd we use back, so the PE teacher in her wisdom went out a bought 3x?600.00 tin sheds, has said one is for us, we have politley advised her that these are not sturdy enough as you can imagine, we suggested a 20 ft container which we would be happy to pay for, behind a fenced area, 6 weeks on the only shed that was put up has had the S*****T kicked out of it, by the footballers, if only i had my camera... actually there's not much left to take photo of, needless to say at the recent AGM, hot topic was finding alternative location to shoot.

ook

Froggy the Elder

Beginner Course...

The first of 2 indoor beginners courses begins Friday 30th. Both courses (nxt one January) are full with 12 students. Apparently Coventry has seen an upsurge in interest as well. Not sure about ratio, but no more than 4:1.

wanshu

We are putting up a 10' x 12' storage shed... :)
Missed it 1st time, when I saw the posting today the 1st thing that came to mind...........10' x 12' storage shed........Is that to hold the overflow from your personal collection? :eek:ptimist:

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Missed it 1st time, when I saw the posting today the 1st thing that came to mind...........10' x 12' storage shed........Is that to hold the overflow from your personal collection? :eek:ptimist:
LOL, no has porta loo for the ladies and table chairs etc. A wee bolt hole from the elements :)

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
hopefully by the end of this indoor season we will move from shooting (and falling over each other) in a small, over heated cupboard into a huge air conditioned sports hall.
Upsides ... space, air, coffee
Downsides ... costs, far wall is made of glass! (much netting required), no outdoor footwear policy (are slippers acceptable GNAS footwear?)

thepensbybowman

If you couldn't laugh you would have to cry wouldn't you? My club has to make do with a level 2 (lapsed) and the thought that in 2012 there may be a level 1 course in the county if the archers can afford it.

not dead yet

Ironman
If you couldn't laugh you would have to cry wouldn't you? My club has to make do with a level 2 (lapsed) and the thought that in 2012 there may be a level 1 course in the county if the archers can afford it.
your stick people. wot you need a coach for..... aim and pluck......

took me ages to think who the pensbybowman was ....DAVE

pete

BanditMK2

So what's the news at your club? Any open shoots scheduled? General meetings? Coaching opportunities? Problems with your ground? Let the world know!
Well the farmer has cut the grass & Nettles :cloud9: The only thing we share the field with is the odd Cow now and again :cheerful: We can shoot 24/7 and it's 2 miles from home..how good is that!

Nimuee7

Hello

I was just wondering how many archery clubs you can join. I'm currently at a club and really like the people there but thinking ahead to the indoor season the facilities are not great and the club will shoot just on thursdays, which I cannot make. Is it possible to join two clubs, I'm completely new to archery so have no idea how it works.

Thank you

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Hello

I was just wondering how many archery clubs you can join. I'm currently at a club and really like the people there but thinking ahead to the indoor season the facilities are not great and the club will shoot just on thursdays, which I cannot make. Is it possible to join two clubs, I'm completely new to archery so have no idea how it works.

Thank you
You become can become associate member of as many clubs as you like, you just need a primary club for GNAS (insurance reasons I think) records.
I'm a member of 3 .. Glasgow, Giffnock and Argyll field. Might add a fourth come the indoor season for the same reasons as you.

Dunlop

Portsmouth University Archery just came back from a trip to Amsterdam for Archfest 2015. Was a Brilliant experience to end the academic year with. 6 archers finished within the top 3, some claiming medals, others claiming bragging rights for team scores.

Furthermore one of our novices just clawed back no1 title in our club with an impressive 555 score for the Portsmouth round. Talk about carrying the team...

We've now got our end of year meal coming up, where i shall be awarding class badges which were introducing to the club finally. Cant wait :)

Munsterman

There has been a mutiny because some archers including Brian (who may or may not be the Messiah) were allegedly shown favour by allowing them to shoot in the wind shadow, but others had the better light (and more wind) in the middle of the field. There was some confusion, the former apparently got their entries in early whilst others said they were given prime position due to their shooting prowess which may or may not have been aided by the wind free position of their targets. Cheating said some! B******ks says you. Those who had the less windy experience were further from the burger van and had to queue for longer, resulting in wind/sun burn and food of lesser quality, prompting everyone to claim that someone else was on the receiving end of favouritism at some point. What is a tournament office to do??

Last edited:

LMK

There has been a mutiny because some archers including Brian (who may or may not be the Messiah) were shown favour by allowing them to shoot in the wind shadow, but others had the better light (and more wind) in the middle of the field. Those who had the less windy experience were further from the burger van and had to queue for longer, resulting in wind/sun burn, prompting everyone to claim that someone else was on the receiving end of favouritism at some point. What is a tournament office to do??
Munsterman thank you for the chuckle! Don't forget though the sun only shines on the righteous - that isn't you and me.

baza3221

St Georges Day "Have-a-Go" AND FAIR

Dave's very nicely asked me to moderate the Club News section. Since my own club has no news, I've kicked off with some news about the Bronte Archers of Bradford.

So what's the news at your club? Any open shoots scheduled? General meetings? Coaching opportunities? Problems with your ground? Let the world know!
It may be way off but we have already started to organise our St Georges Day Fair. We Have a ground that covers 70yd X 45yd and it will be packed with entertainment, from zorba balls,craft stalls,Archery have a go.Archery coconut shy (but no Coconuts) and many other attractions, a raffle will include a donated price valued at ?100. Entry is free. Public admitted from 11 to 4pm. raffle drawn at 330pm.We are, Bulwell Foresters Archery Club. base is at Bestwood sports and social club. Bestwood Road . Nottingham NG6 8AU. All are welcome.
As the ground is at the rear of the social club it is not easily spotted so this event is intended to give us some much needed puplicity and to promote Archery in the local area.

modernlongbow

The field at 2401 Burnside Rd., Victoria is ours to use until All Saints Day, 2020. I suggest an after dark salute. Archers assemble on the former bag course hill, attach a sparkler to each arrow by wrapping the wire around the shaft, come to full draw at 45 degrees, have a fellow archer light the sparkler and loose towards the berm.