[American Flatbow] Which bow

Wheeltrax

OK, after a bit of a false start Ive decided that the next bow on my shopping list will be an AFB.
I sort of had my heart set on a Bowtec Mistral but apparently he went under a couple of years ago.

My question is, on a budget of up to 200 pounds what AFB's can you guys recommend?
Or, to put it another way, Whats the best bow for my bucks?

Any pointers gratefully received.

Berny

OK, after a bit of a false start Ive decided that the next bow on my shopping list will be an AFB.
I sort of had my heart set on a Bowtec Mistral but apparently he went under a couple of years ago.

My question is, on a budget of up to 200 pounds what AFB's can you guys recommend?
Or, to put it another way, Whats the best bow for my bucks?

Any pointers gratefully received.
He didn't go under - he stopped making bows to do other things - he's a gunsmith too!

His formers etc. were sold on last year - the buyer may start production - who knows until it happens.

Keep hearing good reports about Falco bows - how about this one, with carbon too! Kinda in your budget.

Wheeltrax

Looks like a corker!
Stretching my budget a bit too far TBH (I started looking up to 200 euros so in pounds it takes it quite a bit above)
Also noticed its only available as 36 or 55lb. Ideally Id like 40 or 45lb (maybe I should have mentioned that before).
Good find though non the less :)

Wheeltrax

So far Ive tested the Internature Viper and the Samick Cheetah.
Any others out there worth a look at sub 200 pounds?

Wheeltrax

He didn't go under - he stopped making bows to do other things - he's a gunsmith too!

His formers etc. were sold on last year - the buyer may start production - who knows until it happens.

Keep hearing good reports about Falco bows - how about this one, with carbon too! Kinda in your budget.
Berny , I kept thinking about the Falco bow you recommended and it does look the mutts.
Ive done a bit of hunting around and managed to find them over here in Germany for €200 with weights up to 70#!!
Happy days!
Now I just need to trial shoot one :)

jwr

For what it's worth I really like my Falco Force. It's incredibly smooth to shoot and aesthetically top notch. A bit over your budget, but I hear equally good things about their more affordable models.

Wheeltrax

Ive heard from one or two people who didnt get on with flatbows at all.
I guess it just come down to personal choice at the end of the day.
The bows that Ive shot to date were really different from my recurve to shoot.
I could actually feel the bow work and stretch and I felt much more connected to the bow.
The whole experience made me smile during the shoot and for hours afterwards.
For me personally Im really looking forward to getting even more basic than my recurve barebow.

Ragodin

You could send an email to Falco and ask unless you have already made a decision.
They respond quickly and precisely to emails in my experience
I have been shooting a Falco Spirit for the last couple of years and been happy

Last edited:

MikeD

I love my KG Outlaw. It's under ?200, and there is the Delux at just over ?200. It's made in the UK. Look up KG Archery. As I was getting a left handed bow there was no stock, so I had to wait about a month to get the bow. The people at KG are really friendly and helpful.