which method do you use

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Question for all of you, which method does your club use for shooting an end of 6 arrows, the AGB method 1 were you shoot 2 details of 3 arrows or do you shoot 6 arrows without moving off the line.
this is for an ordinary outdoor club day/practice etc not tournaments.
Is there a reason why your club does it that way, ie do you rattle off all 6 arrows to get as much done in a short a time as possbile when the light is limited? Only shoot metric/imperial rounds?
If you have a mix and match approach then I would like to know that as well.

Lastly, do you time the details/ends?

Thanking you in advance

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
6, because that's the real thing. It's better practice and better preparation, less hassle. No timing.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Yes, 6, we shoot whatever distance members request and we don't time ends.

Shirt

Ends of 6. The 3/3 method is disruptive, pointless, and will hopefully die off completely in the near future.
Oh, and we don't time ends. Club days are there for practice, and if you choose to score a round good luck. But everyone acknowledges that practice scores don't count for anything, so why strictly enforce all the rules?
(I'm aware of the "practice like you compete" logic, if I was to do that I'd spend all day shooting 12 dozen arrows with arbitrary breaks put in there for a fictional equipment failure or something...)

Big George

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Our club uses ends of 6, never done 3&3. One member will control the shooting line and call out to start, stop, collect etc. Not timed but occasionally I think it may be a good thing given the speed some shoot at 😒 (Though it’s usually those ones “dandering” back from the 60/70m bosses that need encouragement to walk faster).

Corax67

Two details of three arrows - whilst we aren’t a competition driven club we like to get our members used to the system employed in comps and it works for us.

We don’t time the ends

Big George

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I’ve never done a 3&3 competition, how does the timing work? Do you get your 10s plus 2mins for each set of three or is it still 4 min and you move off the line after you’ve shot?

Corax67

I think I may be at cross purposes here - I wasn’t thinking of competitions of 6 arrow ends where ends are timed, I was looking at comps such as county leagues where two details alternate on the line shooting 3 & 3 or longbow comps where this is the usual format.

The only timed comps I have shot is where ends were all 3 arrows only.

As I said I need to get out more 😂