Which way to balance a deflex riser

Wirral man

Hi all I have just got a new pse supra focus which has a deflex riser but I'm struggling with getting it to settle tried more weight on the front and using a side bar at the back and also tried v bars at the back the closest I can get is by really loading the weight at the back which feels strange? Anyone else have this issue?'

Lammas

Thanks, a real helpful bunch
Not sure if this helps. Just assume there are no Supra Focus owners present here.

I think weight distribution and balance is more of an individual issue, and less related to a specific bow.
I don't see a way around testing. And yes, I have about half a dozen unused stabilizers laying around at home ...

D

Deleted member 7654

Take all the weights off... it will be much easier to hold up. It won't topple forward in an unsightly manner when you loose either.
Del

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Sometimes posts get missed. That's forums for you.
You could have a read of this article... http://www.bow-international.com/features/mechanics-of-bow-stabilisation/

and a very good article by Liam grimwood ... http://www.bow-international.com/reviews/equipment/stabilisers-made-easy/

and another.... http://www.archerylearningcenter.com/blog/stabilizers

but as Lammas said it is really personal to the archer. Some want forward weighted bows, some want neutral weighted bows. Most compounds use one side rod but for a neutral weighted bow that's side rod is going to require 3 - 4x the weight than that on the long rod. A longer side rod, pointing almost straight back will reduce the need for so much weight.

Lammas

BTW, I'm shooting a PSE Ferocity (a 31" hunting bow), with the short FX4 stabilizer that came with the RTS kit.
My greatest problem, as I discovered the last weeks, was bad form (improper grip and hand position, no backtension / follow-through, inconsistant stance).
With proper attention to form, the bow just needs to be balanced for me.

Corax67

I wonder if the lack of reply is due to no one else on the forum owning one and having an answer to your issue?

You could always drop an e-mail to PSE tech support via their website and see what they recommend as the manufacturer.

Karl

Lammas

You could always drop an e-mail to PSE tech support via their website and see what they recommend as the manufacturer.
I looked for minutes to find an e-mail address to contact them. I think they do deliberately not publish one, just a phone number.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I looked for minutes to find an e-mail address to contact them. I think they do deliberately not publish one, just a phone number.
Twitter? I've seen people get startlingly quick responses from companies with a Twitter presence.

Lammas

Not so easy for a smartphone refusenik . But I could seize my wife's or kid's phone...

BTW, my question would be remotely related to the OP issue.
I have the LH version of a Ferocity, a bow with twin cams. What I find strange - the top cam is marked with "B", and the bottom one with "T".
I <<guess>> this makes sense with a twin cam bow to flip the cams for Lefties.
I'v seen hybrid cam bows from PSE (Phenom) where the cams on a LH bow are marked "TL" and "BL".
And similar to the OP's situation, no actual PSE dealer anywhere near. Just bow shops with a range of brands.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
IF the cams are identical, then I can't see much wrong with putting them on upside down for LH. From pictures I can see they look similar but there isn't enough detail to know for sure.
I would give the two cams a very close inspection, just to see if there are any obvious differences.
They are described as Binary cams. I would compare the shapes of the tracks( there are three tracks,yes?) I would compare where the cables join to their pegs in relation to some handy fixed point, such as the peg for the actual bow string.

Lammas

They are described as Binary cams.
You are probably right here. And yes, the cams are so-called "tri tracks", no yoke.
They look identical upon close inspection, and the bow shoots well (better than me).
But the markings confused me. And the fact that the nocking point is not in the geometrical centre. It came as RTS packet, with D-loop set by PSE (supposedly).

I'm aware this is a budget bow, the most affordable one with evolve cams. And since PSE is a large company, streamlining and automating the production process makes sense. Hence no individual LH tri-track evolve cams, if they are identical anyways.

Perhaps I should shoot more and less contemplate ...

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
But the markings confused me. And the fact that the nocking point is not in the geometrical centre
A crossbow has a nocking point on centre, but other bows are almost always off centre because the bow hand is near centre and the draw hand can't be level with it if an arrow rest is used. The hands are off line as it were and the nocking point has to be placed so it makes the best job it can out of the set up it is given by the hands. Usually a little above square, so nock high compared to arrow rest, gives good results.