whole club in lost arrow quest

Furface

Supporter
...Better to find an arrow cheaply than leave it to be found accidentally by some... body who would rather not have done.
The surest way to find a lost arrow on a multi-use field is to have an Under-10 Girls football match played there. :(

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
The surest way to find a lost arrow on a multi-use field is to have an Under-10 Girls football match played there.
I was thinking of something in that sort of line; though not so specific... U 10 football persons match!!

BillM

At the Scottish Champs last month one of the target next to mine had a miss and the field party arrived with metal detectors. They got a 'ping' and one immediately produced a large knife with a serated edge and proceeded to saw through the turf at right angles to the flight path of the arrow. The archer went spare shouting at them to stop and the retort was that the arrow had to be found as it was a school playing field. The judge in attendance also stated that. The archer's stand that all options had not been explored was ignored. We returned to shoot the next end when I took my metal detector. There were only two on my target so after retrieving arrows and while the field party continued to saw the grass (with a rather perplexed archer trying to stop them) I swept beyond them. Beep-beep etc., bent down to run my fingers through the grass and called the archer to tell him that his X10 was below me. A very much relieved archer but still fuming at the archers and judge.

I can understand the need to find arrows but I thought the sensitivity could have been better applied.

BillM