won something

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
evening all, we had our annual dinner last night and I won a trophy for 'archer of the year' which luckily has nothing to do it shooting! it was for turning up for the agm (onl 5 did) arriving early each sunday to set up the targets etc and staying to dismantle, even helpin with the newbie even though know nothing much about recurves! to be honest it was a suprise as the people who deserve it are those that do the hard stuff, committee work and my least favourite ...paperwork. now the bad part, next year I have to nominate someone else...

Corax67

It's really nice that your club has recognised your input and valued it enough for an award.

Who knows, next year it could be most improved beginner or club champion !

Karl

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
we only have two trophies, the one I won and most improved handicap. as no one else does elb they don't collect scores for handicap so I cant win it. don't really care about winning things anyway, just enjoy my shooting and the club is really friendly

Corax67

Oh - we collect everyone's scores irrespective of bow style and calculate handicaps for all. You need to know your handicap in case you decide to have a shoot at another club or at a comp anyway.

Glad you are in it for the fun rather than the winning of prizes, far more likely to enjoy your archery that way for a long time to come :)

Karl

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
your club should collect scores and calculate handicaps. Each club is loaned a medal by GNAS for the most improved handicap for the year and these results are published in the journal. It rewards effort so makes it difficult for pot hunters to get a clean sweep.

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
hi little else, they do collect and award for recurve/compound but not longbow, it doesnt really matter as I am the only one and not that bothered about it

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
not really what is is about, it is for improvement of HANDICAP, not being to most conformist shooter. Sadly many clubs have a narrow view on certain aspects of our sport and theh their committe wonders why they fail to keep members for longer than a year