[American Flatbow] Wooden Flatbow Stand

I have recently purchased a Flat Bow which I intend to use just for Fun Shoots,Clouts etc. I need to get a stand of some sort for this bow. I have noticed that some Longbow Archers use a wooden folding type of stand, which stands on the floor and i beleive this would be suitable for me. Can anybody let me know where these can be purchased from as quick scan on internet did not reveal anywhere that sells these.
Many Thanks :poulies: :target:

Huffy

I have sometimes seen them for sale on ebay but I guess most are home made as its a simple design.

Best wishes, Mark

carus

I have recently purchased a Flat Bow which I intend to use just for Fun Shoots,Clouts etc. I need to get a stand of some sort for this bow. I have noticed that some Longbow Archers use a wooden folding type of stand, which stands on the floor and i beleive this would be suitable for me. Can anybody let me know where these can be purchased from as quick scan on internet did not reveal anywhere that sells these.
Many Thanks :poulies: :target:
Ebay is the place. If you typw in longbow in the serch criteria that should do it.

Thorvald

I have a version for outdoors - that is sticked into the ground. It is made of metal and the "head", is in fact a piece from a hickory axe handle. Pretty simple to make. Something equally simple can be made of wood and with 3 legs, it can be used both indoor and outdoor. Can in princip be used for any kind of bow, I think - perhaps with a few modifications.

philhoney

Hi
Have a look at this :- Ebay no. 120550690225.
I know the quality of the pics is poor but it gives you an idea. If you lived near me I could make you one in less than an hour.
Phil

Thorvald

Hi
Have a look at this :- Ebay no. 120550690225.
I know the quality of the pics is poor but it gives you an idea. If you lived near me I could make you one in less than an hour.
Phil
That one is in fact quite smart, indeed. Easy to store and to bring to the shooting place and can be used both indoor and outdoor. Only in 3D, it's maybe not so convenient to carry and also seems a bit heavy. But I like the idea of it. Perhaps most suitable for longbows, but could also be used for recurves. Think, I will think of creating my own version, to get a new bow stand that is more versatile than the one I have now. :scratchch

Thorvald

Smart - and of course great for the traditionals - but also for compounds as this one from Lucy's. Perhaps I should set up a bussiness for stands something like these - as they are not seen in Denmark (I haven't seen them before at least). And the wooden fletching jig is also a nice one - would like more description of what it can do. (straight fletching, angled straight fletching, helical, 3 / 4 feathers etc.).

Anjinsan

Hi, Just found your enquirey for a wooden stand, let me know if you got one as I have a plan I could send you or I could make one for a small amount of drinking tokens, they are not expensive.
Cheers
Colin