World Bowhunter Championships

change

Hi All,

The World Bowhunter Championships will be held in South Africa this year over period 04 July to 08 July at Loskopdam near Middelburg. I was wondering if any of you will be joining us here and how's the preparation going???? You can visit SANIFAA website : www.archery.org.za/SANIFAA for more information. I'm sure I'll be seeing the guy from Dundee in KwaZulu Natal there????

Matatazela

Fonz Awardee
As much as I would love to, no. As I have posted in the past, I am definitely not up to that level yet and only shoot at defenceless bags in my back yard, for fear of where my arrows may go when I aim at something that is actually alive!!! Seriously, my bow is slow, old and feeble! Loskopdam also has bad memories from military service days, but that is another story...</p>

change

That's a real pitty!!!! Being a very active member of SANIFAA, I can tell you the 3d bowhunter fertinity is very exited about the champs being held here. No stone is left unturned and guys.....and girls, I may add, are practicing like crazy. And yes...the Loskopdam range will be quite a challenge to all. You mentioned that Loskopdam brings back bad memories from your military service days. It must be a co-incidence because I can also remember the "vasbyt" days in the early 80's there when I was in the Airforce. Being dropped-off and told to find your way home!!! Well, those were the days!!!

If I may ask and maybe you have posted it previously, my appologies, what kind of bow do you shoot???

Matatazela

Fonz Awardee
Quoted from a previous post, but unfortunately still the same... </p>

"An OLD compound that is too long, too heavy and too slow. Crusader Excel, 64# 46"ata, 10" brace height, 28"dl. Cams are actually offset wheels. It has no sight, so I guess that it is 'barebow', sort of. </p>

</p>

I am planning to upgrade soon, though, so watch this space!"</p>

With that, I may add that I shoot Excel Carbonaero 400's, with 100 gr fieldpoints. They are the most modern art of my kit!</p>