Anyone actually using the Evolution BT aide

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Looks good. It must feel an awful lot better than my Loesch. Mine looks like it could be reassembled to make a luger pistol, with silencer! Very good to use though, no doubt the carter is too.

P

pyroarch57

Yes Geoff it`s a dream to use:cheerful: But tonight i noticed one of the casing screws was coming out:( Not good Mr Carter.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Pyroarch 57, A dream to use;Yes. Screws coming out=no problem. First thing I did with mine after shooting it was to take them all out and find out what makes it tick. It is so simple in the Loesch that it makes me wonder why there aren't others like it. Two moving parts(both can be seen from outside) and a tension spring to adjust the release tension.And nothing jumps out when it is taken apart.:cheerful:
Your photo shows the evo cocked and ready to draw, I think. What does it look like when it has released? You couldn't post a pic showing that could you please? I'm just curious to see if it is similar to the loesch.

P

pyroarch57

Pyroarch 57, A dream to use;Yes. Screws coming out=no problem. First thing I did with mine after shooting it was to take them all out and find out what makes it tick. It is so simple in the Loesch that it makes me wonder why there aren't others like it. Two moving parts(both can be seen from outside) and a tension spring to adjust the release tension.And nothing jumps out when it is taken apart.:cheerful:
Your photo shows the evo cocked and ready to draw, I think. What does it look like when it has released? You couldn't post a pic showing that could you please? I'm just curious to see if it is similar to the loesch.
Yes Geoff coming shortly.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hey that is great. I was curious about the released picture as I thought I might be able to get some insight into its insides. And hey presto you came up with a see through version ???:cheerful: Excellent. Thank you very much pyroarch 57. It still has the two main parts like the Loesch but the adjustment is more subtle and the safety is inside. Very neat. I am going to be very tempted to make one of those.

P

pyroarch57

Hey that is great. I was curious about the released picture as I thought I might be able to get some insight into its insides. And hey presto you came up with a see through version ???:cheerful: Excellent. Thank you very much pyroarch 57. It still has the two main parts like the Loesch but the adjustment is more subtle and the safety is inside. Very neat. I am going to be very tempted to make one of those.
You`re very welcome Sir. If you need any more info feel free:cheerful:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Pyroarch 57, Can I take you up on the offer? I don't want to put you to any trouble over this but I am very curious about something.
The hook for the d-loop is obvious. The piece next to it looks like a dog with a thin body and no legs carrying a bone in its mouth:cheerful: Its tail hooks into the safety to stop it going off at the wrong time.
I say that only to help with my question.
The dog ( can you see what I mean?) has its ear resting against the opposite end of the hook. When the bow is at the right poundage, the hook will press on the ear and move it away to the left. The dog's tail will move much more as it is at the end of a lever. I can understand what is going on, as in principle, it is like the Loesch. What I am struggling with is how the hook can ever get past the dog's ear.!!?? It looks as if the dog's back end will hit the spring block before the hook can pass the ear. It does work ,obviously but is there something I am missing? OOOOOhhh it is so tempting! I'm struggling not to start work even now. I may have to rob some parts from two others I have.
Thanks for the photos again. They are much appreciated.

P

pyroarch57

Geoff, no trouble at all. Yes i can see where your thinking is. But remember the hook only engages a few thou, consequently the movement at the other end is as you say larger, but still only a very small amount so in actual fact the end doesn`t get very close to the block.

You can pm me anytime Geoff, that way i can get back to you sooner.
The end part of your post made me smile, you`re just like me:cheerful:

Fugue

I liked the idea so I tried Lez Newsome's evolution at Shotton ...

Let's just say for me it was an unusual type of trigger release. Aim, depress the safe.. gone.

Do they come with different spare springs?

P

pyroarch57

I liked the idea so I tried Lez Newsome's evolution at Shotton ...

Let's just say for me it was an unusual type of trigger release. Aim, depress the safe.. gone.

Do they come with different spare springs?
There`s 2 other springs, but they don`t come with the release.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks again for all the help. If the overlap is that small, I can see how things will work. I feel the need to cut up some old stainless steel cutlery and get making:cheerful:

Fox

I have 4 of these for sale, contact me if you are interested. ?120 posted, cheques only, no paypal. All red.

P

pyroarch57

Is one of them stiffer than standard, I believe the standard spring is for upto aprox 20lbs holding weight, is there one for 20 - 25lb ish (going on 7.5 ton ;) )
There`s an 8-17 12-20 20-38 and 16-36