At which point do you realise you left something important at home ?

Orinoco

Got completely set up at club a while back then realised I'd left my tab at home and there were no other left handers there that night. Luckily short round trip to find it.

C

Cimbian

My lad has a tendancy to forget his foot markers, leaving them on the shooting line. Did so on Saturday and muddled through at a league match on Sunday (different ground). Back to shoot at Saturday's ground on Monday, foot markers still in place despite another shoot going on there whilst we were away on the Sunday!

It turns out that as they were in a good spot another Junior had made use of them on the Sunday!

Strange thing is that it is not our home ground.

wingate_52

We need more than a mental check list at times. I change arrows, strings, button and rest between outdoors and indoors. You have to be organized. 2 sets of footmarkers also.

exziit

happened to me too but not with archery,

got home after getting dad to the bus station, and realized i forgot to pick up my sis who was sleeping over at my grandparents house, and all this happened 5 am and me wanting badly to sleep:yummy:

Ceri Jones

Ironman
Ive walked the mile to club just to find i have left my arrow canister by the back door as i was locking it. doh

martin

OMG 50 posts.....

I left my bow on the field after a shoot once and didn't realise until I opened my case at another shoot the following week. I was presented with it by someone who picked the bow up at the previous shoot and kept hold of it all week without letting me know in the week.

I'm a bit embarrassed by the whole thing so keep it to yourself if you could....

Reactions: Kae

BillM

Two seasons ago, I was preparing to go to Banchory (a 4 hour drive from Oban) for the weekend and am quite organised in setting out the archery and camping gear the previous day. Met my wife for lunch on Friday and she said she wasn't feeling too good. She set off back to work and I got home and started to move things from the end bedroom where I arrange everything and pack the car and Leigh turns up - got permission to go home. She wanted me to help her change the bedding but as the bed in the end room was made up, I suggested that she sleeps in there. No! she wanted to sleep in our bedroom so sheets etc. have to be changed. Grrr! so got the bed stripped and she then decided that the end bedroom will do. Grr again, so threw the "last few things" into the car and drove off in a bad mood. I knew that I had forgotten something but couldn't figure it out.

It wasn't until I stopped at Loch Earn for the toilet that I noticed my rucksack with my white gear in it wasn't in it's usual place on the back seat. I phoned her mobile - not switched on. I phoned the house phone and left a message on the answer machine for her to bring my rucksack to meet me en route. Nothing. I turned round and headed back to Oban, about 70 miles away. It wasn't until I was about 10 miles from home she phoned me and said she had the rucksack and would leave once she had dressed. As I would be home at about the time she would be ready to leave I told her to switch the kettle on for a cuppa. Arrived home had a coffee and resumed mt journey to Banchory.

Original plan meant I would have arrived at 1700 ish. Revised plan - arrived at 2300. Set up tent, crawled in and went to bed. Never done it since.

dino1300

I once went to a County FITA match in Nottingham or some where like that.

Opened case saying 'probably shouldn?t be shooting my new bow, only set it up last night'. At which point I realized that 1 doz ACE's currently sitting in the boss at our indoor range.

Luckily (very) someone from the opposing team lent me a set of arrows.

I felt extremely grateful at the start of the shoot, and extremely embarrassed at the end when I beat him by 15 points with his own arrows.

numpty

Shot a Comp. early this year. I was wondering why I shot like a pleb. It was only when I was putting my gear away I heard somene say " Are your limbs supposed to be on upside down " When I looked. Yup they were on upside down . :melodrama

Thunk

Ironman
It's a 45-minute drive to my club. My archery case holds my bow and associated bits only, so I have quiver, scope, tripod, thermos etc in a separate holdall, and arrows in an arrow tube. I once got to the club, set up my folding chair, put the case across it and unfolded the bowstand, assembled my bow, placed it on the stand, put on chestguard, quiver etc - and then looked around for the arrow tube. And looked...and looked...and suddenly felt very, very stupid. (Not an uncommon occurence in my case - feeling stupid, that is!) :melodrama

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Ive walked the mile to club just to find i have left my arrow canister by the back door as i was locking it. doh
Back at Uni, we had a mile walk (downhill - uphill on the way back) to the range. One day I went down there with the club secretary. While we were setting up the club captain turned up.

Having put together our bows, the secretary realised his arrows were missing and had a "doh" moment. He set off back to college to get them. Two miles later (uphill and down) he got back and proceeded to pick up the club captain and dump her in the river.... She'd been in his case while we were setting up, and hidden his arrows...

jet186

A few years ago but.....

I once travelled down to a shoot at Grange Over Sands only to get there, (just over an hour and half latter, along the twisty narrow coast road and over the fells), to discover that I had left the bow at home :faint:

Did stay for :cake: before heading home.
Even to this day about six years latter nobody lets me forget.
The moment we got to the club and my son said, I'll get your crutches out for you Dad, Dad, where are your crutches?:faint:

ADE

Last years Glamorgan Open. I've entered, and so has my son (U14)
Packed the car in the early morning. Hour and a half drive to the comp. Son is really looking forward to it, he's on form hoping for a PB.
Arrive at comp, Son takes brollys over to the line I carry bows. Drop his off at where he is setting up, take mine up the line to where the seniors are. 5 mins later shout of "Dad your an idiot", wife calling me all the names (some of them naughty:ashamed: )
Ok who had brought his daughters bow instead of his sons.
I told him it was his fault for having the same case as her, but some how that didn't wash and he spent all day mumbling rude things towards his dad.
He now has a different case, and packs his own stuff

ThePinkOne

Mine is realising I've left my one (or more of) my arrows in the target down at WAS just as I'm pulling off jn 33 of the M4 towards home...

P.

last night at practice i locked the padlock on the equipment cupboard....as soon as it clicked i realised the key wasnt on my left little finger where i always put it while tidying up...wasnt in my key pocket either....it was in the cupboard! no spare key. so today i borrowed a drill and and attacked, opened and then replaced the pop rivets holding the lock on. it had sliped off my finger while i was throwing quivers into the back of the cupboard.

having drilled the pop rivets in 3 seconds flat a piece im of two minds whether we should have a more secure cupboard or keep the same riveted lock which is easy to take off in such circumstances.(we now have a spare key)

Quadratus

At which point do I remember I've left something important behind? About 1 minute after it becomes impossible to go back and get it and still get to the shoot in time! :duh:

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I have recently twice left something important at home.

One was retrievable as I was shooting just across town. When I arrived at the hall, it suddenly dawned on me that I had left my limbs on the back of the sofa after taking them out of the case the night before.

On Friday last however it wasn't. I went up to Macclesfield to attend the weekender. After going shopping for buffet supplies I thought I'd get some barebow practice in. The bow came out of the car, then I realised the arrows were still in the arrow rack at home, 160 miles away, after some maintainance. All was not lost, I used a set of Navs that were kicking around the boot of the car. All that was needed was an adjustement of the rest and nocking point and I was ready to terrorise the wall.

T.

King Custard

Keeping my arrows in a canister and hating to see it laying down - they always get taken from the kitbag and stood up when I get home.

Only twice have I left home without them, realising only when completely set up and looking to fill my quiver...that theyre not in the bag!

Oh and twins- ive forgotten my twins also once - god knows what they were doing out of the kitbag!
Luckily our club is only 10 mins away -
I have a checklist that i go through the night before a tournament though...Im only lax for practice (like thats a good thing...not)

56 &1/2 hours with only one fag!
Yeah , a friend of mine popped round and 'left one for me', thinking it was a nice thing to do....it wasn't, I smoked it when I started to sweat and go purple. Do I have to start counting again?

mace24

I turned up to practice one day with my compound and put my sight on the bow and went to put my scope on and realised I didn't have it with me (it took me 10 minutes to work this out) eventually I managed to borrow someone elses scope. So I put the scope on the bow and went to attempt to shoot got to the line and realised I didn't have my release aid either!

I decided it really wasn't my day and packed up before finding my release in my bow box! :duh:

It was just a bad day