Carter Evolution Setup

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Marcus, glad you mentioned the competition aspect. When I said it is a great release in its own right, that is what I meant, but it is better clarified.

Marcus26

I agree as well. A lot of people have used back tensions over the years during competitions to good use. Jamie Van NAtta uses one and she holds the ladies world record. My mate shot his PB for a gents fita with his. Splitter used his on the aiuk feild shoot. Just because its a back tension doesnt mean it cant be used for competitions.
The current World 90m world record was shot with back tension too.
You are spot on.

Well the place hosting our Nationals this week end is currently having 55 knot winds. So if I can get a good score with any release in that wind I'll be happy. LOL.

Adam

Well the place hosting our Nationals this week end is currently having 55 knot winds. So if I can get a good score with any release in that wind I'll be happy. LOL.
If you can hit the boss in that wind you'll get a round of applause from me.

Adam

Hoyt Hooligan

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
since i started shooting backtension my scores have soared. a lot of this may have been that i suffered from a major spell of TP.
i started with a HHA but found it a little temperamental to say the least. i tried the evo but the only thing i hit was myself in the face twice after failing to hold down the safty on draw.i then settled with the Loesch release and have found this to be great for me. I will be useing it in all my shooting from now on .backtension is the way forward ..well for me anyway

mizzat

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I've followed this thread with interest as I shot an evo as well. I decided to follow Marcus advice. Specifically: pull harder against the wall and bring bow shoulder close to bow. So I set out to do a full FITA this afternoon.

Wait for it.. Holy s...t, I shot a personal best. Previous best FITA (circa 1997 was spot on 1200), today's score: 1304

I only came back to shooting in September after 10 year break and would have been happy to plod along to reach previous scores, but this was a revelation.

I realise bow technology has advanced and it may well be part of my improvement, but it's little gems like what Marcus said that made all the difference today.

So, to Marcus, "Salute" and have some of this :cake: and that :beer: on me.

Steve