Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Can everyone please get back on topic and stop the bitching. Thank you :beer:

Andy!

. They have studied the technology and have a superior comprehension of how it works.
This appears to be the bit that you're hinging all your assertions on.
It depends on you making a rather large assumption in that there is something mysterious about a thinner stick that flies through the air.
This can't be understood by other countries inhabitants.
Only one country can know that a thinner flying stick has less drag and use this knowledge to dominate international competition in the same way that another country invented a round hoop attached the wall.
Understanding the technology of this hoop allows the USA to dominate international basketball.
They have studied this technology and have a superior comprehension of how it works.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I will admit, that bit confused me as well... it's not like there's some sneaky way to set an arrow up that is only known in Korea.

gtek

This appears to be the bit that you're hinging all your assertions on.
It depends on you making a rather large assumption in that there is something mysterious about a thinner stick that flies through the air.
This can't be understood by other countries inhabitants.
Only one country can know that a thinner flying stick has less drag and use this knowledge to dominate international competition in the same way that another country invented a round hoop attached the wall.
Understanding the technology of this hoop allows the USA to dominate international basketball.
They have studied this technology and have a superior comprehension of how it works.
Having personally set up more than a few Korean shooters' equipment bits, I can assure you that your statement is spot on vis a vis that comment from "eluned/ianb/sockpuppetoftheweek".

I suppose I will also point out that it wasn't the Koreans who invented the skinnier stick- it was Jim Easton, in 1982.

ianB

Having personally set up more than a few Korean shooters' equipment bits, I can assure you that your statement is spot on vis a vis that comment from "eluned/ianb/sockpuppetoftheweek".

I suppose I will also point out that it wasn't the Koreans who invented the skinnier stick- it was Jim Easton, in 1982.
Dear Mr. gtek,
Thank you

kind regrds

ian bayley

Andy!

Hey! We were having a very entertaining deluded discussion here. You can't be injecting fact and stuff like that. We're after alternate facts, thank you.
Even if you, personally had invented barrelled carbon sticks lined with tiny alloy tubes and topped them off with tungsten points that you had personally drawn up to infinitely tight tolerances (and plated them in gold) , the Koreans would have studied this technology and would have a superior comprehension of how it works.

Whitehart

Perhaps what the S Koreans really found out was that unlike other technologies where they have taken the initial idea and developed and improved on it - this is not the case with this little stick, hence its longevity as the shaft of choice at the top level - especially as I believe the squad buy the shafts they are not supplied free.

Andy the hoop is good but it is static maybe the ball would be a better comparison to the arrow.

Perhaps it is not coincidence, as they watched the rest of the world struggling with aluminium arrows at 90m in gale force winds and rain, but realised that as soon as the carbon arrow came on the scene shooting became more structured fitting their approach to training and aiming off sometimes in extreme cases on the next target was a thing of the past.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I have no doubt that if carbon arrows had never been invented the Koreans would still be where they are. To argue that this is because they have a better understanding of archery just because they are better is folly, if not supported by other facts. My wife sings 100x better than I but this is not evidence she knows more about singing or music than I, she has no music knowledge at all, I'm a part time musician. It may be true they have more knowledge but without evidence this is an eristic argument, pointless and probably intentional.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Hey! We were having a very entertaining deluded discussion here. You can't be injecting fact and stuff like that. We're after alternate facts, thank you.
Even if you, personally had invented barrelled carbon sticks lined with tiny alloy tubes and topped them off with tungsten points that you had personally drawn up to infinitely tight tolerances (and plated them in gold) , the Koreans would have studied this technology and would have a superior comprehension of how it works.
Well, I don't recall that they ever gold plated them...
You didn't do that, did you GT?

Andy!

Perhaps what the S Koreans really found out was that unlike other technologies where they have taken the initial idea and developed and improved on it - this is not the case with this little stick, hence its longevity as the shaft of choice at the top level - especially as I believe the squad buy the shafts they are not supplied free.

Andy the hoop is good but it is static maybe the ball would be a better comparison to the arrow.

Perhaps it is not coincidence, as they watched the rest of the world struggling with aluminium arrows at 90m in gale force winds and rain, but realised that as soon as the carbon arrow came on the scene shooting became more structured fitting their approach to training and aiming off sometimes in extreme cases on the next target was a thing of the past.
Actually, what I was doing was drawing a ludicrous analogy to a ludicrous assertion. I still can't believe that you guys are entertaining the possibility of a coincidence to something that didn't happen.
It's as logical as wondering if it was a coincidence that the world was destroyed on your birthday back in 2012, like the Mayans predicted.

backinblack

"It's as logical as wondering if it was a coincidence that the world was destroyed on your birthday back in 2012, like the Mayans predicted."

The Mayan's predicted my birthday??

It's all starting to make sense now.

Whitehart

Actually, what I was doing was drawing a ludicrous analogy to a ludicrous assertion. I still can't believe that you guys are entertaining the possibility of a coincidence to something that didn't happen.
It's as logical as wondering if it was a coincidence that the world was destroyed on your birthday back in 2012, like the Mayans predicted.
I wondered why I stopped getting Birthday cards.

Are we really...... all that is on our minds these days is that we are strong and stable and just getting on with the job, like what the people want.

chrisgas

Supporter
Supporter
Last night the wife was watching Big Brother, which I dislike, she asked me what I was doing on the computer. I was reading this post so I told her I was reading an article from Big Brother!

gtek

Well, I don't recall that they ever gold plated them...
You didn't do that, did you GT?
One might say I inadvertently caused that to happen... but no, I didn't do it myself.

(the full story is in one or another of my podcasts)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
One might say I inadvertently caused that to happen... but no, I didn't do it myself.

(the full story is in one or another of my podcasts)
One of the early ones if I recall... something to do with requesting far higher tolerances than you meant... but of course, everyone listens to the Easton Archery podcast for archery news, reviews, interviews, listener questions and occasional trips down memory lane :)

gtek

One of the early ones if I recall... something to do with requesting far higher tolerances than you meant... but of course, everyone listens to the Easton Archery podcast for archery news, reviews, interviews, listener questions and occasional trips down memory lane :)
Not sure about "everyone", but I was a bit shocked by the traffic numbers for the silly thing.