do you just 'think' you like your release aid?

kato

Yes you do.
My view is this. If you are likely to punch in the wind
, and punching is causing your target panic etc then you are better off using a back tension release and concentrating on your shot execution. I suspect most people panic when the wind comes up and do stupid things. Heck I did it on the weekend and shot 336 at 30m, 15 points down on the day before in similar conditions. Had I not paniced and stuck with my execution I would likely have shot 10 points higher. (however 2 days of 40?c heat will do that to you)
See in the wind, if I execute well I will score lower than normal, but when the wind stops I nail it.
If I start punching I may score higher for 1-2 ends, but when the wind stops my scores don't improve. I always end the day lower than I should have.
I'm finding the Loesch less unpredictable in the wind than the Evo...because you disengage the safety with your thumb, if you pull as you squeeze ...it goes off a heartbeat after it disengages...just one continuous action rather than the 2 step on the Evo...gives what Pink referred to as greater fluidity to the shot..nice

GeoffT

Ironman
I'm finding the Loesch less unpredictable in the wind than the Evo...because you disengage the safety with your thumb, if you pull as you squeeze ...it goes off a heartbeat after it disengages...just one continuous action rather than the 2 step on the Evo...gives what Pink referred to as greater fluidity to the shot..nice
Surely, that is using the Loesch as a conventional release and cheating it.

I shot a Loesch for a while, but prefer the small movement of the safety with the Evo. Also, it does not look and feel like it has been made in someone's garage. Whilst the Loesch did wonders for my target panic it was a little too agricultural for me.

kato

I shot a Loesch for a while, but prefer the small movement of the safety with the Evo. Also, it does not look and feel like it has been made in someone's garage. Whilst the Loesch did wonders for my target panic it was a little too agricultural for me.
I've got the new one...whole different ballgame Geoff, its been redesigned completely...have a look on the site...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

kato

Not really

As I understand it, you're supposed to shoot conventional releases like BT's ? so the reverse applies, no?

Everything in line...squeeze and pull

With the Carter I find I need to adjust my grip when I let go of the safety then find somewhere to park my thumb...then shoot

ThePinkOne

I'm on release no. 4 (green Stan) and I think I've found what I want at last. It's taken time and even though I have tried releases in shops and from mates at club, I agree that only after a couple of weeks use can you really tell what you like... and even then, things may differ depending on use.

Like, I love my Evo and it's taught me so much. BUT- I found Evo a bit clunky in my hand. And I get callusses on fingers with Carters. On my mainstay Fits Me Too I always had to reach a bit to snug the trigger into base of thumb for a good BT release which is not ideal and I struggled to place my paw as consistently as I'd like into the Evo. I never tried the Leosch- I like little hand snug release aids, not huge clunky ones.

I wanted something to fit hand in a certain way and then not have to reach for the trigger, just to drop thumb into place without reaching around. I've found what I wanted it the Stan SuperX- took a (calculated) risk and bought one- took a few days to get set for my hand but I love it now. So many alterations you can get a really nice fit- but some guys at club tried it and liked it, others find it too thin and light for them (and some of them reckoned I had the trigger heavy, obviously I just have a nice firm pull-through- and a perfect fit does help :D). Back to what you like again.

I understand what Kato said about the two-stage thing with the Evo, it is a bit. My playing with the Stan leads me to think that the really key thing is fit- if you are able to just touch your thumb to your index finger without trying and the trigger is in place so as you pull throught the shot it works, then it fits. For me anyhow. Others may be different.

JMO though.:cheerful:

P.

kato

if you are able to just touch your thumb to your index finger without trying and the trigger is in place so as you pull throught the shot it works, then it fits. For me anyhow. Others may be different.

JMO though.:cheerful:

P.
Totally agree...that's exactly the way the Chappy Boss fits me...typically though I found the perfect trigger release the same week the Loesch arrived...

happy now but would have been cheaper if I hadn't...anyone want a virtually new evo+?

I reckon release aids are like busses...you wait and wait...then two come along at once