European 3d Festival In France Next Year

Karen

I don't know about the hotels very much as I usually can't aford them, but if you look at this link from the festival website - European 3D Archery Festival then it should give you some information on hotels nearby. 'Herbergement' is the French word that you are looking for - it means accomodation.

We shall be caravanning at thecampsite at Veigne - its a super place and they also have those ready erected 'pavilions' to rent - they look like those medieval tents and have proper beds (sleep 4 or 5 usually) and kitchens etc - higher class camping. The site has usual cafe, bar swimming pool and is by the river if you want to fish, walking distance to a nice village and close to the festival site.

Book it as soon as you can, though, as some of these sites are quite busy in the summer,

Would love to know who is contemplating coming ? You'll really enjoy it I promise !

gilf

Book it as soon as you can, though, as some of these sites are quite busy in the summer,

Would love to know who is contemplating coming ? You'll really enjoy it I promise !
I'm coming again, all booked up and ready to roll.

Karen

So is anybody else ? - I know Joelondon and mrs are coming as well - just interested to see how much interest there is amongst those who haven't yet had the experience !

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
Are you booked in at our NFAS shoot at Pines Park on March 2nd Rob ? We have 180 shooters, plus a waiting list for drop out places. Was booked solid weeks ago. So Unmarked distance shooting seems popular enough to attract archers. Had the GNAS been flexible and accommodating years ago, the EFAA and NFAS would probably not exist today.

Hmmmmmm......makes you think, doesn't it. Maybe because the NFAS has a class for ALL bow/arrow combinations, maybe because the NFAS doesn't have a dress code, maybe because the NFAS is more 'user friendly' & doesn't ruin the simplicity of field with a lot of rules & regulations, mybe because when the NFAS says 'Compound Unlimited' they actually mean it, rather than imposing draw-weight restrictions, maybe because they recognise flatbows as a class, maybe because NFAS shoots are friendly, sociable affairs & not all gussied up with titles like 'Record status' or 'Arrowhead status'
(WTF is Record status anyway?? I'd read the GNAS rulebook to find out, but I'm only expecting to live for another 40 years or so, so probably won't have time...)

Just a thought.

ps. I'm not having a pop at you in any way, shape or form Swaledale, just the GNAS for not allowing me to shoot competetively in ANY of their field disciplines (I'd shoot compound U/L but it's a 70#er)

Devon_Archer

Not wishing to Hijack the thread, and wishing I could get to France for that 3D thingy

Good news Pines Park is booked solid, we are as well at Toad Hollow (NFAS) same weekend 2nd March

The last 3 shoots I have been to have all been sold out weeks in advance, same as Pines Park and ours

We even have 91 booked in for August

Maybe unmarked and fun are two words the others should work into their archery as well

Good luck in France you lot (jealous not) :mad: