Making one good shot

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Murray, I do see your reasoning for wanting to concentrate on the good shots. I understand that we need to know how they feel and get more of them to feel like that. I hope I have an open mind on the subject of mistakes, and at present I still see some value in knowing the differences between good and less good. The contrast seems to me to accentuate the "good" so that it is easier to find the elements that make a good shot. That does not mean too much time is given to wrong; but just enough to clarify what is "right".
Deadeye Doc, thanks for the information on AT. I will try to get my head round that before I ask more questions. I'm not too sure that I understand it yet.
My intention was to find out what things archers thought caused them to miss.
Things like dropping the bow arm or forward loose. I had an idea that there wasn't such a long list.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Understood.

If you want a "place to start" type list, then take a look at the "steps to success" book - some good tabular diagnostics in there.

PorlyP

My intention was to find out what things archers thought caused them to miss.
Things like dropping the bow arm or forward loose. I had an idea that there wasn't such a long list.
Mind if I go through a few of mine?

-Not getting full draw from not touching all 3 anchor points
-Miscontrolling bow arm on loosing (any direction)
-Rushing a shot, or taking too long. Over 6 seconds holding means I begin to lose tension, and the shot becomes weaker upon loosing.
-Failure to compensate for weather (aim slightly lower when the sun's out, higher when cloudy and cold, got 3 droppers from that alone)

Those were ones that occurred once or twice yesterday, I'd update my journal to go through how it went, but they're down at the mo. The First was my main point of screwing up, got my best scores when I sorted it out!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks PP I was hoping for that type of information. I was wondering how many would be on the list after several responses and which were more common,if any.
I am still grateful for the other responses about the learning processes etc.
Thanks to one and all.

GreenSteve

when i i fluff a shot it`s usually the release :(
other than that my next fluff up comes from not achieving consistent draw
(a clicker is on the horizon)
last fluff for me is the wobbly bowarm holding the draw too long or ocasionally not set right to begin with ( really must learn to come down at this point)