Navigators

Which nocks do you use on Navs?

• Total voters

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
I use the Beiter in-outs on my navigators, they do seem to protect the shaft a little more than straight inserts. I hit the back end of one nearly square on at 5m and barely scratched the carbon.
However i also find that some of the Nocks are a little loose in the shaft (this was inconsistency with the nocks, not the shafts) but after buying a few spares i got rid of the loose ones.

M

mathewsmainliner

I use Eastern pins, I used to use Beiters but found that they offered no protection to the back of the arrow and after hitting one ot two i split and damaged the arrow. I have hit several "pin nocks" destroying the nock but the arrow has had no damage.Its your choice 70p for a nock or ?13 fpr am arrow.

P

pyroarch57

I`ve been using pin nocks for 3 years, a lot have been hit, but i`ve not had one damaged arrow.

T

timujin

I can't speak specifically for Navigators but I have had some experience with a variety of nocks that may be useful.

For X10s and for any other arrows for which they are made, the Beiter in/out nock is the way to go, as Marcus says. I wish they made them for Triples but they don't:sigh: I had tried the Easton pin nocks but they kept cracking after just a few shots and I was getting sick of replacing them.:thumbsdow

For Triples I have used pin nocks as well with the same cracking problems as above. For recurve I use the Beiter insert nocks (but would use in/out nocks if they made them). For compound, now that I am using a drop away rest, I am using outsert nocks but for better end protection, I have taken to putting the aluminium pins back in first, with the nock holder stem cut off and filed down smooth (they don't weigh much at all) and putting the outsert nock over the top.

This seems to work pretty well and I have had one nock destroyed since doing it with no damage to the rear end of the arrow at all. I imagine you could do the same with Navigators.

Hope that helps:)

Simon777

I destroyed 8 ACE's last year using G nocks, this season I switched to pin nocks and despite quite a few broken nocks, I have not damaged a single shaft.

Sometimes the pin needs replacing and they aren't the cheapest by a long way, but 60p for a nock is better than ?15 for a shaft.

For that reason I would recommend them to anyone.

M

Moose

Beiter nocks

I used to use easton but when I changed to ACE from ACC I found that the beiter nocks always fitted the string the same and I could set the nock points tight but get beiter nocks to fit my fat boys and still use the same nock points as they are exactly the same size.

The beiter in out nock is cheaper than a new pin and nock because despite the fact that you can replace the nock on to the pin invariably you managed to damage both due to sods law.

The beiter nocks mean that my indoor and outdoor set up is changed very little

SLOWHAND

Beiter because of their greater consistency. And they come in a nice shade of blue. The insert nocks aren't tight in my Navs, though, so I have to use Pritt to keep them in place.
This little tip works with all types of insert nock that are a bit loose.

Remove the nock and place it on a flat surface, put a knife blade on the top half of the insert (nearest the arrow) and rotate the nock 360 degrees while pressing down with the knife (you should be able to press quite firmly but not too much so that it cuts right through, be careful if using Stanley type knives). Repeat the process on the bottom half of the insert. You now have a nock with 2 circular grooves cut in the insert, crucially the edge of the grooves are raised very slightly thus making them a perfect fit if they were loose before. Dosent cost anything, Dosent add any weight and the nocks are perfectly central in the arrow.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I was using in/out nocks with my navs, but I found that the skirts (for want of a better word) kept splitting after a few weeks of use.

I have since reverted to the G-nocks because they were all I could get at the time..

T.