shot execution 3D working model.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I have made a rough working model that demonstrates a shooting process.
My objective was twofold a) for it to allow me to show the draw sequence and what muscle groups were involved.b) to react to the release with a followthrough that showed both arms reacting to the loss of tension as the string is set free.
I find that miming a follow through always looks fake because the demonstration includes a deliberate follow through that looks like it is something we have to "do" after the release. Like an "add on".

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi TT Thanks for your response. So far it is a working mock up( if that's the correct term. I will post a photo once I remember how it's done!!

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Took me a minute to work out that was a birds-eye view, but now I get it! Nice. Pity Del the Cat isn't on here any more, he liked a working model too.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi TT and other readers.
I am struggling a bit trying to get the pictures posted.I am going to explain this picture and do the same for the others when they are posted.
The bow arm is hinged at the shoulder and can spring back to default setting (which is straight ahead) when not under tension from the elastic.,
The elastic(green) is under tension as the draw shoulder is locked as if drawing the bow.
The piece of wood sticking out behind the archer's head is attached to the bow arm and can indicate how far the bow arm has been pulled out of line.. When the bow arm points straight ahead that wood will be lined up with the archer's back.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
The draw elbow is higher in this picture. The bow arm is more in line with straight ahead, demonstrating that the drawing force is not pulling the bow arm across to the right so much as in previous picture

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I drew the archer's draw elbow round manually until the cord was released by the "fingers". The bow arm sprung back to "in line" position, and the draw elbow sprung back bringing the draw forearm with it. From the full draw posture, both arms sprung back to the position wou can see without any re postioning by me.
Shame I can't show the video.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I've never done it but my understanding is that you just upload them with the YouTube app on your phone.