The sweetest smile?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Well done, you've insulted people you claim to want to know the names of. Again.

I choose to remain anonymous to those who don't know me. Those that do know me don't need me to wave my anonymity. It is forum rules to use an alias for online safety. Can you imagine why that is?

Back to your OP.
Did a judge (I think there may have been quite a few on the fop) rebuke the archer? If they saw something going on it is their duty to deal with it.
There is a clear pathway for making complaints and raising issues with WA. If gamesmanship were in play here the offended archer was able to take up that option, if they wished. Have you checked that a formal complaint was made?

ianB

Not trying to insult at all.
I saw what I determined as something unusual.
Maybe the judges are too nervous about challenging someone that is on the mighty Korean team. After all they are so good that they don't have to play tricks, do they?

ian bayley

Mark31121

Ironman
Her doing the chicken dance on the line would be unusual.

Doing a fairly small stretch really isn't.

Just because you say your name is Ian Bayley and you live n France doesn't mean anything - you could just as easily be called Steve and live in Kent...

ianB

Her doing the chicken dance on the line would be unusual.

Doing a fairly small stretch really isn't.

Just because you say your name is Ian Bayley and you live n France doesn't mean anything - you could just as easily be called Steve and live in Kent.

Dear Mark31121

Doing a chicken dance would not be low key enough!!!

Stretch you say. I say distraction.

ian bayley from France

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Having decided that it was distraction, and having discovered that some think it was an innocent stretch, is there anything else that needs to be said?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Ian, I think you need to check your information; you will find that is not the case.
My post was made because you keep saying you think it was a deliberate distraction. Others have different opinions, and you are as entitled to hold yours as they are, theirs. But, if the thread is to move on then surely something new needs to be added into what has already been said. I mean something that gives others something new to think about that perhaps has missed their notice.
For example, I noticed after the " episode" that the archer who might have been distracted, went back off the line, put her bow on its stand and smiled then chatted to her coach. No signs that she wished to complain or ask her coach to complain on her behalf. She was there, and had most to lose and yet gave no signs of annoyance.
Perhaps she is so well trained she put it out of her mind. Perhaps she is so well trained she didn't even notice.
If you want the truth, perhaps ask the two ladies in question. Was it deliberate ; were you distracted by it? Without knowing for sure, we are all guessing.
Your guess is as good as mine.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Ian, I think you need to check your information; you will find that is not the case.
My post was made because you keep saying you think it was a deliberate distraction. Others have different opinions, and you are as entitled to hold yours as they are, theirs. But, if the thread is to move on then surely something new needs to be added into what has already been said. I mean something that gives others something new to think about that perhaps has missed their notice.
For example, I noticed after the " episode" that the archer who might have been distracted, went back off the line, put her bow on its stand and smiled then chatted to her coach. No signs that she wished to complain or ask her coach to complain on her behalf. She was there, and had most to lose and yet gave no signs of annoyance.
Perhaps she is so well trained she put it out of her mind. Perhaps she is so well trained she didn't even notice.
If you want the truth, perhaps ask the two ladies in question. Was it deliberate ; were you distracted by it? Without knowing for sure, we are all guessing.
Your guess is as good as mine.

Zombie_Feynman

I think geoffretired has pretty much summed it up. Just for context, look at a video of the Mexico 2015 finals:

[video=youtube;6bG4srld54U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bG4srld54U&t=140s[/video]

(Relevant moment at 2:20)

The perspective is unusual in a WA video because you can actually see what the archer is actually seeing. Look at how much movement is going on while Choi Misun is shooting. There are lots of spectators going out and the camera is moving right in front of her. The camera is actually in line with the target. If that movement does not distract archers, someone moving at quite some distance in front of her.

If Valencia got distracted by something like that she wouldn't have reached the level she has. She wouldn't be able to shoot in a normal shooting line where people raise their bows at the same time, and get out of the shooting line all the time.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
HTML:
He's a Kent alright
I don't get that.
On second thoughts; I do.
Typo probably.
Should be FROM Kent not A ... yes?

ianB

The gang back together again with their 'in' comments. Pity they have nothing better to say. But all still cowering behind their pseudonyms. Has no one the courage of their convictions???

ian bayley

backinblack

TT,

I doubt he's ever held a bow and I believe he only keeps coming back here because it's an easy place to provoke an argument.

Interesting that his life is sufficiently empty that he feels the need to reply at 2am, but then he's probably doing the same on a number of other fora. How time must fly!