Meriden pre season FITA

bowtech

Anyone else signed up for this? It was my first comp.Great ground and a real learning experience too:beer:

bowtech

Well,i managed to get my sight marks for 30/50 mtrs yesterday and that now leaves me tomorrow and the following saturday for 70/90 mtr marks and some practice:pessimist

bowtech

Managed to get sighters for 70/90mtrs by way of shooting a long metric,and despite the cold and wind,still managed to score higher than my first 2 distances at last years comp.This is good news considering the dip in form ive been suffering recently:bang:. Roll on next weekend:beer:

fanio

yup. will be first comp of any sort of the year for me (took some time off after UK indoor, and just shot a few field practice rounds), so should be interesting.

heroblob

Well its going to be interesting if nothing else. haven't shot my outdoor set up this year so no sight marks. Off this week and had been planning on getting out side. The weather put pay to that. Looks like the weather is going to be nice for Sunday though.

Cj84

The rumor I heard one of the big compound names tried getting in and was told no its full and only because it was him he could go onto the waiting list!

bowtech

That was a productive weekend and no mistake. 2 FITA's shot 2 PB's achieved.A great days shooting.The outdoor season is looking good:cake::beer::beer:

Cj84

I'm chuffed to bits with my score even if I'm nowhere near the top! 1259 made my day only 2 more to get that bowman !

heroblob

Well the weather turned up to play.
First time with the outdoor bow and we started where we left off last year. First MB score of the season bagged, and with a mare at 90m.
This year is looking solid.

bowtech

I have to say,The scores that were put in staggared me.With GMB,MB,Bowman scores being recorded down to 35TH place(compound)I new i was going NOWHERE NEAR mid table.1198 for me is a great score,and a reality check regarding my current skill level.All in all a great turnout,well run,and great weather to boot.If the rest of the comps ive entered turn out as good ,ill be very happy:beer:.Oh go on then,ill have another:beer: