Roller cable guard slides

Aleatorian

I use these on my Mybo Revolutions. While the stock AAE Slippery Slide is cheap to replace, I noticed that near the end of the season (last year) that it had nearly worn through. So my tune will have been slowly changing throughout the year.

Replaced with a PSE Roller and never had this issue again

jonUK76

My current bow has a fixed position roller guide, and doesn't allow for replaceable slides, but on the last compound I had (Kinetic Trium X aka Sanlida Prodigy X10) I changed the standard black plastic guide, to a Kinetic branded roller slide (which is basically a cheaper copy of the PSE item). It did make a difference, I felt the draw was noticeably smoother, subjectively. It should make a difference really as the standard guide seemed to present a fair amount of resistance to being moved, while the roller guide moves very easily and smoothly along the guide rod. I don't know if it made any difference to the tune of the bow, and I don't recall having to do anything much other than maybe make a couple of clicks adjustment to the sight, if that. Nothing drastic. But I'm not a high level shooter so take it with a grain of salt.

After quite a lot of shooting on it, there is zero cable wear, while I feel there might have been with the plastic guide. The rollers don't wear out, and combined with the difference it made to the draw feel, I would definitely use one again, should I have a bow that could use them.