Will my setup allow me to shoot 80/100 yards?

Hudzi93

Your arrows may be longer than you need at the moment until you settle on a technique where your draw length is stable.. Practice usually means an increase in draw length as your technique improves and opens up. It's usually helpful as well to measure the actual bow for draw weight rather than going on the marked weight, some bows can weigh lighter or heavier than marked :beer:
I don't think my draw length is going to increase any more. My current arrows are a tad over 29" do the ACG's are 3/4" shorter. I've figured I could safely get away with arrows up to 1" shorter so these should be spot on for length. I'll check out the weight of my bow at the club. I'm pretty sure they have the equipment.

Phil Reay

I don't think I'll ever be that far down south. The furthest I normally go is London, which is also very rarely.

I have concluded that the 610 spine should be alright, although a weaker spine might be better. I might go for them if they go for a decent price. The auction ends tomorrow afternoon.
Good luck with the auction

T

the-poet

I shot 80 and 100 yards today with the club and its amazing how much better I could've done at the comp if I'd had just one practice session beforehand. By the way, I'm not sure if you literally mean sight marks or just aiming markers in general, but just to let you know I'm shooting barebow.

I'm not even having to aim at the sky with my bow as people were saying earlier. For 100 yards,with an under the chin anchor I'm aiming the arrow tip about a third of a boss height above the top of the boss. For 80 yards I switch to 3 under as I'm more comfortable that way, whilst maintaining an under the chin anchor, and I aim at about the black ring on the target, above the gold.
Us barebowers use sight marks too, or should we call the reference points instead?

Hudzi93

Us barebowers use sight marks too, or should we call the reference points instead?
Ah ok, I thought you might have meant sight marks with a sight, but I just wanted to confirm. I'm not sure what we should call them, but I guess either will do 😊

Phil Reay

Ah ok, I thought you might have meant sight marks with a sight, but I just wanted to confirm. I'm not sure what we should call them, but I guess either will do 
When I change from 80 yds to 60, I have to change tabs (AF to Spig) and I always get funny looks when I tell everyone I'm changing my sights

Hudzi93

When I change from 80 yds to 60, I have to change tabs (AF to Spig) and I always get funny looks when I tell everyone I'm changing my sights
Haha! Anyway, what's different about the two tabs that you change them for the different distances?

Phil Reay

Haha! Anyway, what's different about the two tabs that you change them for the different distances?
The AF tab is a blue platform tab so that goes under my chin. Gives me a definite anchor point (side of the chin with tab, string on end of nose). Spig comfort tab has no platform and the round metal bit at the top goes into the corner of my lip. The string is against the side/tip of my nose. No platform means everything is closer to my face and allows me to look down the arrow easier. Same goes for when I move up to my cheek. Used to do it with a platform tab from the corner of my eye, but that always ended up with me having blood pouring down my face and a judge ended up throwing up and nearly passing out as he couldn't stand the sight of blood.
hope this makes sense

Hudzi93

The AF tab is a blue platform tab so that goes under my chin. Gives me a definite anchor point (side of the chin with tab, string on end of nose). Spig comfort tab has no platform and the round metal bit at the top goes into the corner of my lip. The string is against the side/tip of my nose. No platform means everything is closer to my face and allows me to look down the arrow easier. Same goes for when I move up to my cheek. Used to do it with a platform tab from the corner of my eye, but that always ended up with me having blood pouring down my face and a judge ended up throwing up and nearly passing out as he couldn't stand the sight of blood.
hope this makes sense
Yeah, I get it. My spig comfort tab had a metal shelf sticking out that was supposed to be used to get a consistent anchor. I didn't like it at all and took it off almost immediately.

Phil Reay

Yeah, I get it. My spig comfort tab had a metal shelf sticking out that was supposed to be used to get a consistent anchor. I didn't like it at all and took it off almost immediately.
Took mine off as well. Came across it the other day and it took me hours to work out what it was.