Arrow-Fix Tool

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
A shooting friend of mine wants to make footed arrows. I showed him my homemade jig that uses a router to produce a ' 4 wing' type footing. But he said it was too complicated! I suggested an 'Arrow-fix' tool! He says he cannot find one for sale in the U.K. Have they gone out of favour?

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Lots of views. No replies. It looks as though it is not a very popular tool for wooden arrow makers!

Berny

They used to be popular a few years ago, promoted & reviewed, although initially expensive,
but ROI assured especially if you're a regular field/3d shooter ;-)

Have said that, I started out as a primarily wood arrow shooter, ELB & AFB & a sometimes HT (NFAS classes for those of you of
alternative persuasions), but in order to improve & obviate the vagaries of wood
moved to predominantly carbon, as e.g. Easton Powerflights used to be about the same as decent wood shafts.
Maybe my experience reflects a general trend?

I still shoot woods, but doubt I would bother to repair unless it was a short section more akin to footing.

I only know of 1 guy who has one & he still uses it for his (?) & his wife's (definitely) casualties - they only shoot 3d as far as I know.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
You're right; they used to be everywhere. I was a bit surprised when I did a search and turned up nothing in the UK.

I suspect that the problem was that they were expensive things and the type of archer making his own wooden arrows and footing them is the type of archer that would happily knock up their own jig for doing it.

You can still get them from the German website: Arrow-Fix

David

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Thank you for the replies. I think he has lost interest in footed arrows. He is not 'technically minded' enough to go to the trouble of making a jig for router or wood plane!