Black Arrow and Forest Bowmen in Derbyshire

Jimbo

I fancy giving field archery a go and these are my two closest clubs (Black Arrow looks to be very close), does anybody have any information on them (where they are, who to contact, etc.). I've looked on the NFAS web-site but there's not an awful lot of info.

Cheers

NeilM

I've just had a look on the NFAS web site too, but as a member I can look at the maps. Black Arrow are located near a place called Coxbench off the A38 North of Derby. There is a phone number and e-mail address for the club.

There is next to nothing on Forest Bowmen, which is odd, as they have an Open shoot on 1st October.

I'm always puzzled by clubs that don't seem to want to be found. I'm sure they do want new members, but they just don't submit their details to NFAS I guess.

Jimbo

NeilM said:
I've just had a look on the NFAS web site too, but as a member I can look at the maps. Black Arrow are located near a place called Coxbench off the A38 North of Derby. There is a phone number and e-mail address for the club.

There is next to nothing on Forest Bowmen, which is odd, as they have an Open shoot on 1st October.

I'm always puzzled by clubs that don't seem to want to be found. I'm sure they do want new members, but they just don't submit their details to NFAS I guess.
Many thanks.

Coxbench is good, very close to where I live. I've tried e-mailing the address given on the NFAS website, had nothing back so I suppose I'll just have to call them.

Haywain

Club contact details.

If you can't find the details of any club on the NFAS website, the best place to try is the Membership Secretary, Pam Hudson. Details on the Officers page of the NFAS site. Pam should have the latest contact details for your nearest club.

http://www.nfas.net/nfas_officers.asp

Jimbo

Cheers all. I've had an e-mail from Black Arrow so will hopefully be nipping out to see them at some point in the near`future.

Jimbo

Apologies in advance, this is a minor rant that I just need to get off my chest.

I know it's only been a few weeks since I got an e-mail from the secretary at the Black Arrow Field Archery Club, but something has always conspired to stop me going over and I REALLY, REALLY want to try this out!

Today's another day I'll miss as I have to pick my wife & kids up from Gloucester. Oooooh it's so frustrating!

Rant off. Carry on, there's nothing to see here.

Jimbo

YES, finally got over to Black Arrow's woods.

Unfortunately they were paractising for the national championships in a couple of weeks so I didn't have a chance to do much shooting, but their club secretary was kind enough to break off and give me a guided tour and talked me through what the club (and field archery) are all about.

I think I'm hooked and will definitely going back once things have settled down.