Comparable UK classifications in Germany..

StevoNilo

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there were any type of Archer classifications in Germany? In the UK you have 1st class, 2nd class 3rd class, Bowman etc.. How about Germany? Does anyone know this?

Also what is the main Recurve indoor round they shoot in Germany? I know its 18m, but I have seen these small faces in a vertical line and I have seen single 40cm faces. Can you shoot the vertical faces in any order..?

Thanks for your input.

Stephen.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
The fita 18 would be the main indoor round (18m, 40cm target). If you're shooting the three spot target, you can shoot the spots in any order, but if you put two arrows on the same spot you may only score the lower scoring arrow.

As for Germany classifications... no idea I'm afraid. Maybe a German archery forum would have someone who know, or it might be somewhere on the Deutscher Schuetzenbund webpage...

Thule

Hi Steve, i've been shooting in Berlin for the past 20 years. We don't have 1st, 2nd class etc.like in the uk. You just shoot in your age group and get on with it. The only way to measure performance is to collect your target badges at 70m. White badge is for 500 points, black is 550, red is 600 and so on. These can also be gained at 18m. I shoot recurve and in competition we have to shoot 3 Spot targets. Kids and bare bow shoot larger targets. I just turned 50 this year so Now i shoot 60m outdoors in comps and i don't think there are badges for that Distance but i could be wrong. So the only way to get my net badge is to shoot bester at 18m. Hope this helps.
Regards, John.

StevoNilo

Hi Steve, i've been shooting in Berlin for the past 20 years. We don't have 1st, 2nd class etc.like in the uk. You just shoot in your age group and get on with it. The only way to measure performance is to collect your target badges at 70m. White badge is for 500 points, black is 550, red is 600 and so on. These can also be gained at 18m. I shoot recurve and in competition we have to shoot 3 Spot targets. Kids and bare bow shoot larger targets. I just turned 50 this year so Now i shoot 60m outdoors in comps and i don't think there are badges for that Distance but i could be wrong. So the only way to get my net badge is to shoot bester at 18m. Hope this helps.
Regards, John.
thanks Thule... is there a link to these 70m badges? My wife shoots too. thanks..

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
thanks Thule... is there a link to these 70m badges? My wife shoots too. thanks..
They are somewhere on the World Archery website, but an easier link is on the Archery Australia website. They can be claimed at any world record status 720/900 outdoors, or 18m/25m rounds indoors. The scores are shown at the bottom

Thule

I found out at the weekend that the target badges are available at 60m in the masters class.

StevoNilo

I found out at the weekend that the target badges are available at 60m in the masters class.
That's great. I like collecting badges. G and I are thinking of introducing a few imperial rounds for the Germans here. We can easily get the badges for it. Just for fun.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Regards, John.
they can be claimed also for cadet and master - you get silver looking metal instead of gold on the badges. So you can start all over again :)