Davis System recurve sight

Andyt23

Evening,
As my thoughts turn towards Christmas - and therefore inevitably archery gifts and upgrade paths - I am, just for sport (for now), putting together a bit of a fantasy bow, just in case like...

I've come across a sight called the Davis 'System' by a guy in the US, and I do like things that are a little different so it appeals to me greatly - especially as I can get one in a lovely pewter grey with orange knobs (well I did say fantasy shopping, so money being no object, colour choice plays a big part...). I've decided on orange as an accessory colour (button, rest etc), so other orange but awesome sights would also be considered.

So now I'm curious - are these sights any good?
Is there a uk distributer (although he does ship internationally)?

They seemed to surface a few years ago but have gone a bit quiet - although he's obviously still going (Davis Sights | THE SYSTEM BY DAVIS | Target and Hunting Archery Sights) - maybe due to lack of availability here in the UK. So the opinions I can find online are a bit old now.

They look straightforward enough, well made and handsome (to me at least), and compared to the most expensive they seem an almost reasonable price too, even with an extra $40 for shipping. So now I'm starting to think "hmmm why not?"

Any opinions/experience out there to guide me?
risky and foolish? enlightened and unique?

Andyt23

hmmm, good point - no way of knowing until you've specced it up.
You'd think there'd be some standard/typical configurations that he could publish to give an idea.
I'm not a lightweight freak or anything, but at the same time I wouldn't want to hang a lead weight off my bow (even if it is orange...)