Dress code specifics....

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Please note: this is not a "Is the dress code right or not" thread......

Apart from the specific colours (white or green) are there any other restrictions on what you can wear ie. types of trousers/tops, flashes of colour???

The reason I ask is that I am planning on entering comps soon and want to make sure I get the right gear. I don't want to turn up with my nice new white trackies, only to be turned away because of a blue stripe down the side.

Ceri Jones

Ironman
most judges tollerate small coloured stripes and small logos, you should be ok as long as it hasnt got the nike in huge letters on or a huge strip down one leg

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
most judges tollerate small coloured stripes and small logos, you should be ok as long as it hasnt got the nike in huge letters on or a huge strip down one leg
So white/green with some subtle colour should be OK....
One of the reasons I am asking is that Quicks have a rather fetching Hoyt top which is White with red panels at the sides. I wouldn't want to spend ?28 on a top only to find that I cant wear it a comps.

Thanks

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
It'll depend on how large the red panels are. Best to pack a plain white top as well, just in case a judge objects.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
mmm. . . I think a bit of red piping may be acceptable but red panels nooo... I wouldn't risk it not unless you can get your club to register green and red as a Club colour.:cheerful:

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Go to primark and spend about ?2 on a white polo shirt. Smart, right colour and dead cheap. Thats all normally wear. As to trousers, you can wear sports trousers with logos. Small logos no bigger than a mobile are ok. Full legnth Addidas strips are border line. I thin the percentage is something liek 95% white. Im not sure and dont quote me on that.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Cheers for the info :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I better start looking for some suitable attire. hopefully first comp coming up in Feb.

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
The actual rule is:
307. Dress Regulations
(a) Members of the Society shooting and officiating at tournaments granted National or
World Record Status by GNAS are required to wear the accepted dress of the society
as detailed below.
(b) Ladies are required to wear a dress, skirt, trousers or shorts with a suitable top which is
not strapless, nor beachwear.
(c) Gentlemen are required to wear trousers or shorts with long or short sleeved shirts.
(d) Footwear must be worn at all times during the tournament.
(e) Sweaters, cardigans, blazers and other outer clothing may be worn provided that they
comply with the requirements below.
(i) The recognised dress of the Society is plain dark green or white. There is no
objection to wearing green and white garments together. Minor piping on the
garments is also permitted. The name and/or emblem of an archer’s club, county,
regional or national association or society may be worn on the recognised dress of
the Society.
(ii) A club, county or region may register alternative shooting colours with the Society
as detailed below. For members of such a club, county or region to shoot at a
record status tournament in their shooting colours, these colours must be
registered with the Society at least one month before the end of the previous
affiliation year. The process for registration of shooting colours is included in the
Shooting Administrative Procedures.
(iii) Shooting colours shall consist of skirt, trousers or shorts in plain dark green or
white, as defined above, and an upper garment of no more than four colours. The
upper garment shall display the club, county or regional badge, name or logo. This
name or logo may be embroidered onto the clothing or attached after manufacture
and can include badges pinned to the garment. The colours of the badge may
exceed four.
(iv) Olive Drab and camouflage patterns are not acceptable as shooting colours.
(v) Members of the Society who are officiating at a National or World Record Status
tournament shall not wear club, county or regional shooting colours if they are
acting in the capacity of Chairman of Judges, Judge or Director of Shooting.
(vi) At National tournaments where there is a Home Nations’ team competition
incorporated into the event, nominated members of the teams will be permitted to
wear the dress of their Home Nation (i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or
Wales), as approved by their organisation, throughout that tournament.
(vii) Archers who are members of other national associations or societies that are
affiliated to FITA may wear the shooting uniform of their home country.
(viii) A member of the Society who has represented Great Britain as an archer at an
international tournament may wear their international shooting uniform, as an
alternative to the accepted dress detailed above, for the remainder of that season
and the following one.
(ix) An archer who affiliates directly to GNAS may nominate one club whose shooting
colours they may wear. In this case they will be required to show evidence from
the club (preferably a letter from the Club Secretary) confirming that they are a
member of that club and the club has granted them permission to compete in
those shooting colours.
(f) If the judge in charge of the tournament declares the weather inclement, waterproof
clothing worn only during this time is not subject to these regulations, either for those
members of the Society competing or officiating. However, waterproofs in the
recognised dress of the Society or the registered shooting colours are recommended.
(g) Advertising material must not be carried or worn except in conformity with FITA rules.
(h) Any archer not conforming to the above regulations shall be required, by the Judge and
Tournament Organiser, to leave the shooting line and will not be permitted to take part
in the competition.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Guess I'll not be buying the Hoyt top then.....Primark, here I come!!!

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Is anybody aware of any "regions" that have registered colours that all of their members can wear?

ThePinkOne

I also suggest you go for white. The difficulty with green is that no judge seems to agree on what is "in" and what is "out" some judges will accept one shade of green some will not.

Maybe all judges should have their colour vision tested..? :melodrama

Alternatively, one option I have just thought of is to get a set of paint shade cards, send to GNAS and get a ruling by the Head Honcho Judge as to which options on the shade cards are OK. Get a nice letter with the Official Seal on it and all that and get your clothes to match. Then, when the local judge tries to ban you, you whisk out the cards and letter and.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, OK, maybe not. Wouldn't it be fun if you could do that though!:D

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I also suggest you go for white. The difficulty with green is that no judge seems to agree on what is "in" and what is "out" some judges will accept one shade of green some will not.

Maybe all judges should have their colour vision tested..? :melodrama

Alternatively, one option I have just thought of is to get a set of paint shade cards, send to GNAS and get a ruling by the Head Honcho Judge as to which options on the shade cards are OK. Get a nice letter with the Official Seal on it and all that and get your clothes to match. Then, when the local judge tries to ban you, you whisk out the cards and letter and.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, OK, maybe not. Wouldn't it be fun if you could do that though!:D
Maybe the judges should have a colour chart as part of their kit, if its in doubt wip out the chart and check. This would be easier. However I always wear white. Does look dirtier after a days shooting but judges cant argue the shade of white. Just make sure you dont get kit from cricket shops because they dont wear white, they wear cream.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
According to the rules of shooting, the shade of green is "dark green".

I think the question should be...."When does green become dark enough to qualify, and can it get too dark???"