Dress Regs

Robert

Ironman
The code itself isn't actually muddled, as it states green/white top and bottoms or "club colours". <<snip>>
To fix this, GNAS need to wipe out the current club colour register and insist that club colours revert to base green, black or white tops with either green, black or white bottoms. Alternatively they could scrap it, and then we'd have a spectrum of colours and styles of dress (including denim, ripped or otherwise) and a general look of a "have a go", rather than a serious tournament.

But since it does not state what the correct shade of green is without a swatch to compare it to or a licensed supplier of "official GNAS Green clothing" then the rule is open to all manner of argument and interpretation. Black and White on the otherhand do not suffer the same degree of uncertainty of shade but black is not allowed unless its your club colours....

I personally would not like to see the clothing rule scrapped but unless they can do something about the vaguery of green then black needs to be added as a base colour.

As to club colour checking it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to include a page in the ROS with some pretty pictures of current registered club colours . If there are rules they should be applied without favour every time a comp is shot.

Good shooting.

L

lee81070

I believe it states "plain dark green", which should be sufficient guidance for someone not to purchase a pair of medium or light green, or even lime green trousers. But yes, black needs to be added and I do think there needs to be a curtailment of what is acceptable club colours.

soundo26

I believe it states "plain dark green", which should be sufficient guidance for someone not to purchase a pair of medium or light green, or even lime green trousers. But yes, black needs to be added and I do think there needs to be a curtailment of what is acceptable club colours.
Well you would think so wouldn't you?

In reality, if you look along the line there is a mish mash of different greens including Khaki, Olive & camo which are expressly forbidden also lots of different interpretations of "dark" green across many shades which are miles away from the GNAS Dark Green of the cover of the rulebook!
They have even allowed Khaki & Olive green to certain clubs under the Club Colours Register even though they are forbidden, how crazy is that?

Many are also wearing cricket whites which are mostly actually cream and also forbidden.

When you tally all this with the multi coloured club colours out there the shooting line looks like a terrible confused mess and if that's the way it is to be then you might just as well allow denim and whatever else anybody wants to add to the pot, frankly, it couldn't look much worse!

I wholeheartedly agree that Black should be added to the standard colours allowed; black trousers are much easier to get hold of than the regulation shade of dark green, but for heavens sake, get rid of the multi coloured swap shop that is the shooting line these days!!

Baloobbear

White clothing

You can get some good whites at the sprots shop usually in the Bowling section. Greens in the Archery uk Mag.

not dead yet

Ironman
i suppose there's archers in green and white , and if you so wish club colours..
then there's the gypo's and the vagrants. bye the way my brother used to come in the later catogory

ah well anyone can buy a bow