Indoor arrows

inthemiddle

As we are an outdoor club I still shoot my main bow weekly to maintain conditioning but I also shoot the 26# at short range at home to keep my eye in and it’s so much easier indoors to be point on rather than messing about with markers
Ah cool fair enough :)

Steve Ruis

Supporter
Supporter
Hi all,

I don't usually do indoor shooting, I prefer outdoor and longer distances, but as the club I moved to are building a 30m indoor range, they already have an 8 yard practice range, I thought I will be doing indoor more than I would have over winter.

So looking around for arrows (prob X23), I noticed that some online shops sell in batches of 6 or 8 and others 12, even in bare shaft format. So my question is how many arrows would you say is the best to get. The out door arrows i have come in a batch of 12, but as you don't tend to shoot as many at the target, do you need that many? I can understand the "getting them balanced in groups of 3 etc, but for me, it really is just to keep going over winter.

Cheers

G
It depends. If you are shooting at multi-spot faces, you will almost never damage your arrows so you don't need as many. If you are shooting at a one-spot face, you will need more.

Hi all,

I don't usually do indoor shooting, I prefer outdoor and longer distances, but as the club I moved to are building a 30m indoor range, they already have an 8 yard practice range, I thought I will be doing indoor more than I would have over winter.

So looking around for arrows (prob X23), I noticed that some online shops sell in batches of 6 or 8 and others 12, even in bare shaft format. So my question is how many arrows would you say is the best to get. The out door arrows i have come in a batch of 12, but as you don't tend to shoot as many at the target, do you need that many? I can understand the "getting them balanced in groups of 3 etc, but for me, it really is just to keep going over winter.

Cheers

G
I got 8 Victory NVX for less than £8 per shaft had to get the points up to 170 grain on a 29 inch arrow with 3 inch vanes to get the foc at 12%. It took me 15 minutes to tune the bow brilliant arrow.

Hi all,

Cheers

G
Eccles by any chance?