Jager Grips order acknowledgement

Andyt23

Hi, has anyone in the UK had direct dealings with Jager Archery Products ?
I ordered a grip a week ago on their website, and it seemed to go okay and I paid with Paypal and the money has left my bank account.
Since then I haven't received any confirmation of my order, despite sending an email and a Facebook message to ask if it's okay.

If I know anything about smaller operations without a dedicated CS team (which I get the impression they are, but I don't actually know), it's that they are usually far too busy making awesome stuff for us to be bothered with boring admin so I do understand, I'd just like to know if it's their normal practice not to acknowledge orders.

Should I just forget about it and wait for a surprise in a few weeks? I do have my Paypal receipt, but what made me wonder was that no order appeared in my Jager customer account that I set up at the time of the order.

I've emailed and sent a Facebook message without response to either, I'm not sure what else I can or should do - and how not to look like a total stalker if I keep pestering them instead of just letting them get on with it... I guess I'm too used to the likes of Amazon where you get instant emails of order confirmation. So I thought I'd ask you guys if it's normal for them, cheers

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yes I have used them. They are a small outfit as you say so communications can be a bit sporadic but they are reliable and trustworthy.

momchevk

Hi, I ordered a grip from my Hoyt Matrix last June. At the time I had a direct communication with them and from I understood they check and answer their emails once every 1 or 2 weeks. I checked my emails and found that I had an automated response, in addition to PayPal, on the same day of ordering stating the order has been received.
The oder was dispatched about 2-3 weeks later and I had an email regarding the dispatch. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

momchevk

Hi, I ordered a grip from my Hoyt Matrix last June. At the time I had a direct communication with them and from I understood they check and answer their emails once every 1 or 2 weeks. I checked my emails and found that I had an automated response, in addition to PayPal, on the same day of ordering stating the order has been received.
The oder was dispatched about 2-3 weeks later and I had an email regarding the dispatch. Hope this helps.

Excuse my phone's auto correct... -:)

Andyt23

UPDATE: It seems while I've been nervously waiting for order confirmation, Jager have just got on and made my grip and shipped it. :applause:
I've just received an email with tracking info on the parcel. Can't wait.

Somebody at some point must have given them the crazy idea that 'actions speak louder than words'.

Panic over :melodrama

DeadeyeDel

Supporter
Supporter
I've had to grips have been very happy with them highly prized. ..worth the wait...3 weeks for me enjoy it when it arrives 🤗🤗

timrc

I am toying with the idea of getting a Jager grip. For those that have recently received them through the post, did it incur any extra import charges?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Libris

Supporter
Supporter
For imports from the states most items get huckled by HMRC for VAT and subsequently the post offices' eye watering admin charge. For the Far East it's pretty hit and miss, mainly miss to be fair for small stuff; Japan seems to be the exception though.

Martin Janousek

Have a ?20 note ready. Last time I ordered some bike parts from Canada I had to pay additional ?11.27 to DHL for their enormous effort to collect ?8.73 of VAT from me.

Andyt23

So two and a half weeks after ordering, I've had a card through the door today to tell me I need to collect my parcel from the main sorting office and pay ?17.64.
Going to pick it up tomorrow

Ordered one about three years ago and don't remember getting charged anything. Perhaps it's a customs lottery.

I have to say this: if they're not bothering to send confirmation emails, reply to things, and only looking at their emails once every one to two weeks, there's something wrong with their business model. I know someone else who bought one a while back and had a terrible customer experience, and wouldn't buy again for that reason. Sale lost.

Keeping communication open is just as important as making a great product. And they're wide open to someone else coming along and doing it better.