Kaya limbs?

steve Morley

Anybody use them, how do you rate them against other brands?

just ordered a set of 36# Kaya Tropics for Indoor shooting. I'm IFAA gap shooter using 3 under my current 43# Pro-Accent limbs and experimenting with a heavy 460g carbon I still gapping 4" under the bottom of the target face so I figured same arrow and the lower poundage will give me a gap actually on the target face.

I'm shooting IFAA European Indoors next Spring so I'll take my Indoor practice and setup a little more serious this winter.

steve Morley

Well you guys are so slow at answering lol

If they were totally crap think we would all have heard by now, as I'm only shooting 20y if they're not as good performers as other brands it wont be the end of the world for me.

I just wanted to hear from people who have had the chance to compare Kaya brand with others like Hoyt, W&W, what they have to say about them. A couple of people on another forum said good things about them.

EVC

I bought the Tomcats with a lower poundage than my usual to work on form issues. I did not shoot them for too long as I was able to use my normal setup soon but I can say I enjoyed shooting them. Very silent, easily aligned on my INNO riser, nice to draw. Well manufactured as far as I can tell by visually inspecting them. I would say they are good for the price.

No way to compare with others brands though.

backinblack

Weren't the Vperfs good enough to enable Michele Frangilli to win the European Indoor Championships this year? Might have been 2010...

Hawkmoon

Sorry for being so slow to respond. I currently shoot a pair of Tomcat carbons that I got at the begining of the year and I like tham a lot. I can't compare them with anything else as the only other limbs I have owned were a pair of winstorm carbons that were much lighter, but these do seem to feel more progressive in the draw (if that make any sense), where as tha winstorms do seem to suddnley stack up at the end of the draw.

steve Morley

Ok they arrived this afternoon, first impression on opening the box is they look quality build and not OTT graphics like some ILF limbs.

I just stuck them on the Winstar Riser (no tuning at all) so I could directly compare feel to the Pro-Accent, very smooth but expected that going from 43# to 36#, Amazingly quiet on release but no change in my 20y gap (didn't expect that). Groups look very tidy, daylight was fading so I had no idea where arrows were impacting till I walked to the target, all going left but nice tight grouping, so will need to do some tuning over next few days.

Looks like I'm going to have a very nice indoor setup