Keeping the inside of your tent dry

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I have a towel to lie in the front of my pop-a-bivy tent, it catches the rain and saves little puddles forming!

Also, if buying a camping chair to sit in - get one without arms, especially if your quiver doesn't detach easily!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I forgot to say ....

You can also just fold the sheet back in your tent to stop puddles forming, it still gives you space at the back to keep your gear dry.

Cheers Murray :beer:

cliveanne

Ironman
As a camper of more years than I care to remember I have found that a groundsheet is more of a hinderance than anything :thumbsdow just use the ground you have pitched on, what are you protecting? The wet grass you have just pitched on? There's less packing up to do & less to clean afterwards.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
A ground sheet, for me, is more about stopping the base of the kit bag/rucksack/bowbox/etc that you've put in your tent from getting soaked from the wet ground and covered in mud - less to dry off and clean afterwards. If the ground was previously dry of course there's little point.

cliveanne

Ironman
Murray said:
A ground sheet, for me, is more about stopping the base of the kit bag/rucksack/bowbox/etc that you've put in your tent from getting soaked from the wet ground and covered in mud - less to dry off and clean afterwards. If the ground was previously dry of course there's little point.
What about a spare camping stool?

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Can you please edit your post and perhaps explain the question?
If you're suggesting carrying several stools to put all the kit on to avoid carrying a 4' square piece of plastic, I think I'll go with the plastic thanks :) I already often need to make two trips to my tent with a trolley... Perhaps you just have no idea how much kit ends up in my tent :D

cliveanne

Ironman
Murray said:
Can you please edit your post and perhaps explain the question?
If you're suggesting carrying several stools to put all the kit on to avoid carrying a 4' square piece of plastic, I think I'll go with the plastic thanks :) I already often need to make two trips to my tent with a trolley... Perhaps you just have no idea how much kit ends up in my tent :D
Fair comment.

Errm, how about towing a caravan to the tent line, That way... NO TRIPS :cheerful: