New arrows every year or two??

dth

Marcus26 said:
No I removed it because you were being a disrespectful
by saying that the ONLY reason to replace arrows is because you want to and not because you need to.
Just becaue you can't tell the difference between old and new arrows doesn't mean others can't.
Like the animation - very classy!

So how many points are new arrows worth over old -supposing that they don't break?

If they fly differently due to grain deterioration then the job of a skilled archer is to compensate and adjust for this - yes? Thus overriding the error.

The fact is weather and constantly changing atmospheric pressure affects arrows and scores more than how old the arrow is.

Anyway, I'm sure we will cross swords again in the future - en garde!

Last edited:

Marcus26

How many points? 20-30 in a Mens FITA, which when you are in the 1330+ range is vital, especially in high competitive situations where 1 point is a place.
I use to plt my scores and they would always jump around 20 points with a new set of arrows and stay there for about 3 months before they started degrading.

Indoors with allows an old set of X10's will cost me 6-10 points on a FITA indoor. On a Vegas indoor (outter 10) they will drop me from 299-300 20-24x down to 296-298 16-18x. That's after around 3 months of use. I replace them every 3 months.

If you gave me the choice between competsating for crap arrows and buying new ones I'll take the easy points from the new ones.
I want my arrows to go where I aim them, not where they feel like flying to.

My wife ALWAYS takes a new set of X10's to use at major tournaments (worlds, nationals etc) as the performance from a new set will always be better than an old set.