nock removal

narrowboat

this may sound stupid but hey thats me,how do you remove the nocks from acc,s is there a easy way,i havent tried yet thought i would ask you guys first

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Ermm... grasp between thumb and forefinger and pull (unless they're firmly glued in, in which case... good luck!)

Tony_zelah

If the nocks broken I've found the best way is to get an old Allen key, heat it up and push it into the nock. Wait till it cools down then use some pliers and just pull it out

emdrum

Assuming that you are using g-nocks, you can get a neat little plastic tool to turn them. Once they are turning, you can pretty much draw them out. Doesn't work if they're broken, though. Then use pliers and an arrow puller to hold the arrow.

Don't pull it with a bare hand on the arrow, though. Getting those tiny carbon fibres out of your hand is a nightmare.

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
G Nocks should not be that hard to get out. In emergencies on the field without tools you gently grip them with your teeth twist and pull. Never had one that wont come out.

SVL

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
If the nocks broken I've found the best way is to get an old Allen key, heat it up and push it into the nock. Wait till it cools down then use some pliers and just pull it out

As above but use a small screw..... you get a better grip when pulling out

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I've always used a small wood screw (without heating it) if there's nothing outside the shaft to grip with a pair of pliers. You've just got to remember to not screw it in any further than you need for it to 'bite' - otherwise the shank of the nock begins to act like a rawplug...

BowSurfer

Ironman
If theyre really tight they can take the insert out with them and it is very difficult to get the nock out of the insert. So keep a few spare inserts around as well as spare nocks.

narrowboat

thanks all they pulled straight out.never done it before so thought i should ask before mucking up my lads arrows

Kae

The American
American Shoot
G Nocks should not be that hard to get out. In emergencies on the field without tools you gently grip them with your teeth twist and pull. Never had one that wont come out.
It must be going out with a dental nurse, but I always get told off for doing anything other than masticating with my teeth, lol.

Effrum

boil the kettle, fill an egg cup, dunk nock end in egg cup for about 20-30 seconds, pull.

should come straight out with zero effort, promise.

works on tight nocks, superglued nocks, gummed nocks, all sorts.

Effrum