Barebow Question about WA Field course setup

steve Morley

Putting on out first ever 24 x marked WA Field round this weekend, got info on Red/Blue stake distances and face size. It's an unofficial round but next year we will put on official competitions in prep for Dublin.

We figured the only way we're going to get any experience in these rounds it to put our own tourneys on, at the moment nobody wants to build these courses, it's either IFAA Field/3D or WA3D. Trying to stir up some interest in these rounds.

Do they have different stakes for the kids or do they have to shoot from Blue?

Valkamai

There is a white peg distance for kids (and sometimes inexperienced archers are allowed to shoot it at the organisers discretion). Max distance 30m, not sure what the breakdown of max/min is for the different faces, sorry.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

BillM

Do they have different stakes for the kids or do they have to shoot from Blue?
Have a look at the WA Field Guidelines. There should be something in there about the distances. PM me your email address and I'll forward you the distances currently being used at Argyll Field Archers course at Inverawe, both marked and unmarked. The Scottish Champs have been held there over the past few years and we are still using the distances set out for that this year - although I'm doing a few changes to the course just now so some will have to move.

BillM

English Bowman

I believe that the white pegs are an AGB add on to the WA rules and wouldn't be in the WA rules. WA have yellow pegs for longbow (AFB) which you could use for the younger juniors as well. If it's not an official round you could put the junior pegs where ever you want.

steve Morley

Thanks for the help/info, I got stakes of for kids now.

Looking forward to the weekend, 2 days shooting 24 x WA3D round, Coon/night shoot with Sauna afterwards and Sun 24 x WA marked Field.

I haven't shot a marked Field in 4-5 years, only one club put the shoot on and lost interest, I was shooting Longbow then so will be interesting how I fair with Barebow. Looks like at this moment we at least have enough interest to put together a Mens/Women's team for Dublin. :eek:ptimist:

steve Morley

Weekend was great, a few brave souls braved the winter weather, the wind was biting and the night shoot was done in pretty much a horizontal blizzard lol

WA Field round today (first with BB for me) again was cold -2C but at least the wind had calmed down, as it was an unofficial round and only one Freestyle Recurve shooting so he shot same stakes as us Barebows, it got a bit competitive and we had a great battle and a lot of laughing/banter going on, he got 10 points on me early on (I hadn't warmed up as putting faces out) but managed to beat him in the end.

Can't wait for th next round :poulies: hopefully in warmer conditions.