Rest for SF - Pro Forged Plus riser

Martin Heelis

Ironman
Hi

Can anyone recommend an arrow rest that would be suitable for the SF - Pro Forged Plus riser when using a pressure button on the inner hole (closest to the Archer when shooting). The distance from the inside of the hole to where the riser starts to curve away is approx. 12mm.

Thanks,

Martin

Strandline

Just bought one of these and shot with it for the first time today. It came with the SF magnetic rest which I attached before taking it to my local store to get it fitted with limbs etc. Also using the SF pressure button that came with it. I found that the arows kept falling from it so replaced it with the Hoyt Super Rest which worked fine today using the same pressure button.

Davewarn

Just bought one of these and shot with it for the first time today. It came with the SF magnetic rest which I attached before taking it to my local store to get it fitted with limbs etc. Also using the SF pressure button that came with it. I found that the arows kept falling from it so replaced it with the Hoyt Super Rest which worked fine today using the same pressure button.
Just bend the rest up at the end slightly and the SF rest will work fine :) but the Hoyt super rest will also work, many use them :) most stick on rests work ok

Strandline

Don't have the dimensions but there is a picture of one next to a ten pence piece in this thread if that's any help. It is very small, and the hole is further to the centre than the SF one, which suggests that it would fit comfortably as there is less of the rest on the string side of the hole.

roytherecurve

any "wrap around" rest that fits a Win & Win riser should fit SF as they are virtually the same dimensions for button hole positions, inner and outer.
They are made in the same factory after all......

Martin Heelis

Ironman
any "wrap around" rest that fits a Win & Win riser should fit SF as they are virtually the same dimensions for button hole positions, inner and outer.
They are made in the same factory after all......
Dunno, seems like it might be quite close to the edge. I Wonder if anyone in my club has one...

roytherecurve

The point at which the button contacts the arrow shaft is more important than where the arrow is actually supported by the rest so there is a lot of room for variation and the wire on the SF/Win&Win magnetic rest is quite long and would cover both holes in your riser. Mine does!

Martin Heelis

Ironman
The point at which the button contacts the arrow shaft is more important than where the arrow is actually supported by the rest so there is a lot of room for variation and the wire on the SF/Win&Win magnetic rest is quite long and would cover both holes in your riser. Mine does!
Actually I'm more worried about a bit of the rest plate sticking out from the edge of the riser. I don't want to knock the thing off. I had an issue with my old Hoyt Nexus where the rest was sticking out from the riser by a few mm.

[edits: lots!]

Foobs

The SF mag rest works fine. I've shot with mine for three/four months now, it sticks out less than a millimetre and is stuck on firm. The only time I had issues with arrows falling off was when my tab was touching the nock.

Martin Heelis

Ironman
According to someone in my club who owns a Shibuya rest it's "1.5cm from the middle of the button to the rest plate the total length of the plate is 2.5cm". I think I'll order one to try out.