Spine Help Needed

greygoose

Hi All,
I intend buying a set of ACE's and need to determine the correct spine rating.
Does any one else shoot Border 68" CXB's at 34 lb (or similar) with a 28" arrow length and a 9" BH.
If so what spine arrows do you use and with what point weight and what string and strand count?
I am familiar with the Easton chart of course but due to the widespread condemnation would prefer information from the real world if at all possible.
All suggestions and information will be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Greygoose

Last edited:
Hi All,
I intend buying a set of ACE's and need to determine the correct spine rating.
Does any one else shoot Border 68" CXB's at 34 lb with a 28" arrow length and a 9" BH.
If so what spine arrows do you use and with what point weight and what string and strand count?
I am familiar with the Easton chart of course but due to the widespread condemnation would prefer information from the real world if at all possible.
All suggestions and information will be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Greygoose
If you were lucky enough to find someone that fits that very specific description, they're still not you.
Your style will be a major factor in how the arrows behave. I know it helps to have a head start by copying someone else with the same gear but you may benefit from arrows a spine weaker or stiffer.
Is there someone at your club who trusts you enough to loan you some arrows?
Is there a retailer nearby that may have facilities to try before you buy?

J

josh 77

unfortunately i dont know anyone with your limbs, but two people i know used the easton chart, or at least the dealer they got them off did.
And the result was that when tuning they both found their arrows to come out weak.
They were both shoting 900cx's.
I recently got some X10's one spine stiffer than the chart showed and they turn out to be a bit weak but i can still take the point weight down to stiffen thim a bit, i just hope it works!
I am shooting INNO limbs. 38# 68" and i have around a 28" draw length and i have full weight bulge points (110grains).
IMO going one spine stuffer than the chart says is the safest option as its easier to tune a slighly stiffer arrow than a weak one.

Also as AFTYB say's the best thing to do is try someone elses arrows if you can or maybe at a very kind shop?.

LineCutter

It's likely to be easiest to get/borrow some aluminium arrows & work out the equivalent spine rating for your expensive purchase. I'd agree though, modern faster limbs seem to need to be 1 spine higher than the charts.

(Having dropped draw weight & temporarily returned to wood+glass limbs I'd say that the charts are still right for entry level limbs though.)

greygoose

Thank you all for your helpful input.

I was hoping that some one with fast 34lb limbs would be able to be more specific though.
Something might yet turn up. There must be many out there shooting ACE's with similar limbs.

Greygoose