Strange tuning issue

Darth Tom

I’m trying to use the 0-50 tuning which has worked well in the past. The idea being that you shoot at basically 0m range and adjust the sight to put the arrows in the middle, then step back to a normal shooting distance to adjust the rest.

The odd thing is that both the sight and the rest give indications that they need to be moved right, at each iteration, until I give up because the arrow is pointing a ridiculous distance right. (Left handed shooter)

Things I’ve considered:
  • It doesn’t make sense for a shooting technique issue since it continues going. I would expect this to settle, just not on a very nice centreshot
  • Arrow spine would seem plausible but a ~5lb adjustment didn’t noticeably change the result. Still my most likely cause.
  • Test began with the rest set up near centreshot. In the past this has consistently delivered a decent tune in about 3 iterations.
  • The bow is a PSE Duo. I did not get a manual with it, nor is one *for this bow* available through PSEs site. I am concerned that its left/right hand adjustment hasn’t been done correctly, especially as the centreshot on the string looks like it is sitting the opposite side of the grip to my Hoyt and Mathews bows.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? And ideally, how to get out of it.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Torque? If it's a new-to-you bow does it have a grip placement that is new to you so you are pushing through slightly off?

Shirt

If it's a Dominator Duo, was it originally left handed or has someone swapped it over? If they swapped it, did they actually change the limbs around to have the correct deflections in the right place or did they just flip the cams and call it good? Stiffer deflections should be on the opposite to the cable guard, and slightly stiffer on the bottom from memory.