The Archery Shop-Online

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
They just sent out an email saying they would be closed until 3rd January due to staff shortage.

Big George

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Sadly I’ve just reclaimed payment for an order that never arrived. I’d used them before and had satisfactory service. It’s a shame things have gone bad for them.

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Just had an email advert for their "Boxing Day Sale" which states, "ALL ORDERS PLACED OVER CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS ARE EXPECTED TO BE SHIPPED THE WEEK COMMENCING THE 1ST OF JANUARY!". Good Luck!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
This is all a bit sad.

The archery shop will have been someone's passion at one point and it won't ever have been their intention to disappoint customers.

It's sad that a business that no doubt started as someone's dream is now struggling so badly due to the covid aftermath, the recession, competition from the internet, drop in demand, and other pressures.

I'd like to think that they can still turn things around but I suspect that their brand has been tarnished too badly now.

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I'd like to think that they can still turn things around but I suspect that their brand has been tarnished too badly now.
I doubt there's any way they can turn things around now. It's a textbook case of how not to treat your customers.

Martin T

It’s very sad that they are still promoting Sales and taking orders when it appears that they are not even attempting to fulfill the orders from the past few months. According to TrustPilot reviews, neighbouring businesses said the shop was open for less than an hour per day in the run up to their Christmas closure and this explains why no one ever answers the phone. That’s not a good sign and it may be that they do not intend to re-open at all in the New Year if they have not been opening up in the run up to Christmas. The warning signs all seem to suggest that this is a business going under. I feel sorry for those not aware that the shop is not fulfilling orders, and who will join the many who have already lost their money. I will never use them again.

Reactions: Tom

LAC Mark

As and when they go down, I think we all need to look out for them starting up again under a different name, it's the only way they'll loose the bad name.

Stretch

I agree with the comment above about it being a bit sad. Certainly I will not place another order with them until there is a clear explanation of why they are taking orders and not fulfilling them. Why they are advertising sales when they cannot serve customers etc. An “oh some staff were ill” is not going to be enough, if you can’t run the business you have to put it on hold - despite the challenges associated with that.

I hope they can turn it around but it certainly does not look good.

Stretch

AJBrady

a
I agree with the comment above about it being a bit sad. Certainly I will not place another order with them until there is a clear explanation of why they are taking orders and not fulfilling them. Why they are advertising sales when they cannot serve customers etc. An “oh some staff were ill” is not going to be enough, if you can’t run the business you have to put it on hold - despite the challenges associated with that.

I hope they can turn it around but it certainly does not look good.

Stretch

AJBrady

Checking my account, I see I've placed 14 orders with them in the last 4 years, with good prices and very quick service. So it's a shame to see that they've gone downhill lately. It's not looking good, but I hope they can pull themselves out of this situation.

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
That's their website gone now. The optimist in me hopes they've take it offline to catch up with the backlog - it's very ominous though.

Geophys2

AIUK Saviour
Yes I tried to get on today to check the details on one of my old orders that was not delivered and no connection. I think that's probably the end.

tabashir

Supporter
Supporter
It's a real shame. I live near the shop and pre-pandemic, used to go in there probably every couple of weeks on average and always came out with something, even if it wasn't what I went there for.

Then they started to reduce down to almost no stock in-house and instead concentrating on online sales.

Once there is less chance of you getting something in store, there is less reason to go in there and more reason to shop around on the internet. I get that the internet can expand your sales but to me it always seemed a false economy to effectively discourage local archers from visiting the shop. There are a lot of archers and clubs in the area.

I know you have to staff a shop, but if you have the staff also preparing internet orders whilst the shop is quiet, then it shouldn't be like they are twiddling thumbs whilst getting paid.

Whether that is the reason for the demise, likely we'll never know.

mark27b

It's a real shame. I live near the shop and pre-pandemic, used to go in there probably every couple of weeks on average and always came out with something, even if it wasn't what I went there for.
I live nearby too which meant I could collect online orders.

Prices seemed to go up, wait times up but some of that could be due to the pandemic, stock choices down.

if collecting an online order I always had a look around the shop it as you say latterly there was hardly any physical stock apart from small items eg fletches. I was told they were now focussing on online sales.

Incorporated on 17 May 2011. Sad it went from this in 2014
to collapse in 2024.

It's not just those that have lost money, and loyalty scheme points, but those who have lost their jobs too

Last edited: