Which Limbs (Again) Tomcats Carbon V Athletes Carbon

greygoose

Hi All,
Searching through what is available these days and what I can afford I am wondering if anyone can advise/comment on
Kaya Tomcat Carbon V Samick Athlete Carbon limbs. Both are around ?150. (Other possible recomendations welcome too).
I would have gone for the original Samick Masters again but they have completely dried up (the replacements are far too expensive for me now). Perhaps someone has a set for sale around 24 - 26lb @ 68" mediums.
Many Thanks.

greygoose

Hi All,
I have found out that the Samick Athletes (and Visions) are made in China and therefore I will not buy them.
That leaves the Kaya Tomcats.
Is there any current feedback about these?
I am particularly interested in how well they fit various risers.
Many Thanks.

urbin

I've used Tomcat Carbons on a Hoyt GMX with no "fitting" problems. Had to move a washer from one side to another on the top limb to get string alignment bang on.

I like them to shoot with, but I couldn't tell you the difference in how they feel between them and a pair of Hoyt Excels, apart from the Tomcats were a higher poundage. I haven't tried enough limbs to be particularly familiar with "smooth" vs unsmooth. I've got a pretty short DL so I can't tell if they stack.

I'm happy with them and will probably keep shooting with them for another year.

EVC

I have used them with an INNO riser (long/70", 32lbs@28). They shoot very well and are very silent. Very nice to shoot. You may find a few more comments on them in this topic. I hope this helps.

Elder.

greygoose

Hi All,
Thanks for the feed back.

@EVC, I had read that topic but it seems to be full of confused and questionable statistics.
Regards.

EVC

Hi All,
Thanks for the feed back.

@EVC, I had read that topic but it seems to be full of confused and questionable statistics.
Regards.
Not all posts there were really useful (as usual in AIUK and other forums for that matter) but all in all some of them helped me to make up my mind. As these limbs are not overly expensive, I think they do not pose a great risk.

FWIW I bought them as I needed a lower poundage bow to work on my form (my primary bow is GMX + Border HEX-5H @ 40lbs.) They may not be the fastest limbs in the market but my impression was at around 35lbs on the fingers I did not as much sight marks @30m as I thought I would, shooting the same arrows as with the HEX-5H.

Cheers,

Elder.

Maze

I have used two sets of Samick Athlete carbon limbs, 32 lbs and 38 lbs. Both sets worked perfectly.
Most of the products in this world are made in China. Don?t let that frighten you off.

greygoose

I have used two sets of Samick Athlete carbon limbs, 32 lbs and 38 lbs. Both sets worked perfectly.
Most of the products in this world are made in China. Don?t let that frighten you off.
Hi Maze,
Thank you for your post.
I have no doubt that there are many others who also have Chinese made limbs and have found them to be perfectly satisfactory.
The problem is with the inconsistancy of Chinese Quality Control. I do not think that you would find anyone who thinks that it could be considered to be anything other than far from the best. (Musical instruments are another prime example)
Unfortunatly it seems that it is hand made products, that depend upon the skills of the individuall, that are the worst effected.
Limbs will have a high "hands on" element within the overall production cycle.
In fairness it must be stated that all brands from all countries have had their failures, from the largest international to the small local
company.
So you take your pick based on what you know (and can afford).
Regards

greygoose

Hi All,
Putting my own personal views aside has any one ever heard of an Athlete limb being "duff".
Many Thanks

Maze

Duff? No comprendo senior....
What does duff mean?
I've heard about Hilary Duff and the fictional beerbrand Duff...

greygoose

Duff? No comprendo senior....
What does duff mean?
I've heard about Hilary Duff and the fictional beerbrand Duff...
Hi Maze,
"Duff" = faulty.
I was forgetting that this forum has many overseas members who mite not speek propa Inglish like wot we does.
Regards

Maze

Hi Greygoose

Thank you kindly for that invaluable piece of information regarding the English language.
Duff is now added to my vocabolary. :)

None of my Athlete carbon limbs have been "duff"