X-Vanes

h20vrrq

Anyone know where you can get Bohning X-Vanes from in the UK? I cant seem to find anywhere that sells them.

Cheers.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
A question I've been meaning to ask myself...

T.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Jim, XWings and X-Vanes are different beasts...
But I do love my XWings :)

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
X-Vanes are made by Bohning, X-Wings were the main assault craft of the Rebel Alliance in the raid upon the Death Star.

T.

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman

h20vrrq

Update on the X-Vanes hunt, Centreshot now stock them and other Bohning vanes. Bought some 4" Killer vanes for my X7's for indoors, excellent results so far.

T

timujin

X vanes are extremely tough vanes. I shoot the smallest ones on all of my arrows - the 1.5" shield cut, weight 2 grains.

As an example of their toughness, I regularly bury my arrows up to the vanes in the target and I can grip the arrow over the top of the vanes using one of those rubber arrow grippers and on withdrawing the arrow, there is absolutely no crushing of the vanes at all. In fact you can't tell you have touched them.

I don't know of too many vanes you can do this with.

They are very popular here in Australia and the small ones I use are becoming very popular amongst the better shooters. I believe most of us find spin wings and curly vanes a bit of a pain and not really worth the trouble, so try X vanes. You'll like them.:cheerful:

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Do They attach in the same way as spin wings (double sided tape) or are they glue on?

How much did they cost? Can You PM me Dejan's details or does he have a web site, I did not want to register with AT just to PM him.
Not to worry Registered and PM'd him directly.