Dress code - now's your chance to have your say

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Page 43 of Archery UK contains a request for your views. If you wish to have your say then PLEASE contact Mike Shepherd and give him your views... the message is getting through!

Please read the small article and be as direct as you can with your answers - they MAY have a lot to get through!

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
surely it will be the same as usual - everyone will moan that they dont like the dress code - no one will agree on an alternative and GNAS may not listen anyway and go ahead with what ever they want?

or i could be wrong.

as you say though its a good opportunity

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Trust me on this one - they are listening. Why the *** would they go to the bother of polling the membership again if they're not interested - a positive response rather than the usual moaning and groaning will go a long way to showing the membership know what they want!
Oh and a word of thanks to him for taking on the challenge wouldn't go amiss :thumbsup:

whisky

Supporter
Supporter
Perhaps me bitching on about this to Ann and Mike for the last 5 months is finally sinking in!!! :) :)
I wrote to him about dress code a long time ago.
Perhaps GNAS are going to modernise ;) - why not leave the greens 'n' whites for the traditionalists and proper club colours - tops and bottoms for the rest of us? Unless anyone else has other ideas?

tel

Fonz Awardee
one thing is for certain - if you say nothing it wont be heard! An actual request for opinion - surely too good to miss?

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
Perhaps me bitching on about this to Ann and Mike for the last 5 months is finally sinking in!!! :) :)
I wrote to him about dress code a long time ago.
Perhaps GNAS are going to modernise ;) - why not leave the greens 'n' whites for the traditionalists and proper club colours - tops and bottoms for the rest of us? Unless anyone else has other ideas?

my personal take on it is its a bit on a minor issue. other sports seem to get on ok wearing similar stuff (cricket tennis etc) and i think GNAS kind of done a half job by only doing the tops ideas - yes i can see how they were trying to compromise and it was very well intended but i believe may have backfired some what in that people are asking for the whole hog (they opened the flood gates so to speak).
ok so they are asking for opinions fair enough but i suspect it will have to go fully one way or the other now

just think what would happen if this much effort was put into the issues of development or funding or just promoting the enjoyment of the sport.....

Kae

The American
American Shoot
It won't take long to-do, and even if nothing comes of it, at least you've put your thoughts forward!

I certainly will (If the bleedin' postal service every delivers my post)

Bald Eagle

I quite like the trousers worn by the celebrity chefs, WorralThompson, Ainsley Harriet etc, that would be a talking point on the line, but I suppose everyone would be asking you for a burger or a cup of tea!!!

Reactions: Kae

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
DMU - you show a great deal of disrespect of the people involved by saying things like "if this much effort was put into the issues of development or funding or just promoting the enjoyment of the sport" - you clearly have no idea just how much effort DOES go into running the sport at national level. Perhaps you should offer your assistance and find out first hand?

Kae - Mike's email address is in the back of previous issues of Archery UK ( wasn't going to post it here to keep his spam count down!), just tell him whether you want to:
o Keep green/white
o Add in black or grey
o Go full "club colours"
Or some other option :)

whisky

Supporter
Supporter
The other sports you mention have a history behind their 'colours' and even cricket is now moderising/changing. I've noticed this and don't even follow the sport! (we weren't allowed equipment that could be used as weapons at my school)

Forget snail mail - given that we are all interweb experienced email Sheppy either via GNAS or at [email protected] he's reasonably IT literate.

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
DMU - you show a great deal of disrespect of the people involved by saying things like "if this much effort was put into the issues of development or funding or just promoting the enjoyment of the sport" - you clearly have no idea just how much effort DOES go into running the sport at national level. Perhaps you should offer your assistance and find out first hand?
have seen how much goes into it first hand i'll decline your offer murray as im a final year student and thus would be unable to give any position the full attention it no doubt desreves (i also run our uni team so know how it goes sometimes) - but maybe in the future hey
- and im not directing those comments at the people who do the work but about how much people get worked up over the issue of colour of clothing compared to other things - hence why i also said i feel its a very minor issue.

also given the recent mess that WAA made over the upcoming india commonwealth shoot i have witnessed first hand how national bodies can ignore the comments and views of the lowly archers so please forgive if i dont hold my breath over the clothing issue.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Those lucky Shepherds have now got a missive from me! Doesn't quite match Derik's for sheer epic scope, but it puts my views on t'table.

Fox

Just remeber, an Elvis Style jumpsuit is traditionally white, maybe we should all wear those:cheerful:

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
how about grey as a meeting point?

could gnas not have their own "official" brand of trousers? that way everyone is wearing the same and everyone knows where to get them??

GreenSteve

Simply adding black trousers as an option to the current regulations gets my vote, not grey though to many shades of grey, black is black = BLACK

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
My response was, in order of preference:

1. "club colours" plus grey and black - but no "shades" nonsense
2. "club colours"
3. Grey and black - but no "shades" nonsense

:)

D

Deleted member 74

Too bloody hot in summer. I'd rather wear white... ;)

Just stirring!

Perhaps we should be allowed any colour trousers we want but only allow white/green/club shirt. What do people have against denim jeans?
And none of that freaking "untidy" nonsense. Have you looked at a shooting line recently?

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
I currently wear green regatta "action" trousers - BLUE ones would go with club colours much better - why no option for blue. I would of course exclude denim, wet denim urgh. Black never washes well and fades.

My options then:
1. BLUE/BLACK/GREY

Random_guy

I have been 'volunteered' to gather a census from my club and will send them an email/ letter with the summary of our clubs views in a petition-esque type effort. We figure it'll give our views more weight than us all replying separetely..