GNAS Dress questions

Graham Potts

Hi all.

Been a member of a Field club for the last year or so where dress codes haven't been an issue. Planning on attending a couple of Target shoots over the coming months in order to fill the gap when there aren't many field shoots on.

I already have my club t-shirt ready to go, but am stumped by the trousers. I was looking to pick up a pair of jogging trousers. These are mainly white, with a small logo on the thigh and a grey or black stripe down the sides of the legs. Would these be acceptable or would I not be allowed to shoot? I've tried searching for answers online and the only things I've come up with are that you aren't allowed to wear denim etc.

I've also asked around at my club but as it's primarily a field club nobody is really sure.

Our club is also registering black trousers as it's official shooting colours but this won't come into effect until October, so I'm looking for something to wear in the meantime.

Cheers
The Dog.

Hi Ghost Dog
GNAS Rule 307 (e) (i) allows minor piping on the garments, and the small makers logo should also be ok. On the basis of how you have described these trousers I would have no problem in allowing them to be worn - I assume when you say mainly white you mean "white with a small logo and minor piping"?

Cheers
Graham

English Bowman

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
No problem, I'm not offended by your comments. I just don't like GNAS being slated for something that isn't done at head office level, but at club level. If all the clubs decided that they didn't care about dress regs then the problem would all but disapear overnight as only National and World Record events would require colours, and how many tournaments have that status?

I blame the tournament officers at club level.:stirthepo

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
I don't want to turn up at my first event (Y.A.A. Indoor in March ) and be told. "Those trousers are the wrong green, there's the door".
Yorkshire Judges are (normally) sensible. They will generally have a quiet word with someone especially in their first tournament. Given some of the "greens" I have seen on the line I shouldn't think you will have a problem. I wear Regattas.

Whitehart

No problem, I'm not offended by your comments. I just don't like GNAS being slated for something that isn't done at head office level, but at club level. If all the clubs decided that they didn't care about dress regs then the problem would all but disapear overnight as only National and World Record events would require colours, and how many tournaments have that status?

I blame the tournament officers at club level.:stirthepo
I agree my club runs 2 shoots both have no dress regulations always full.

Only once have we had to ask an archer to change a t-shirt as the wording was very offensive and even then I think he was wearing it for a bet.

chalkie

Yorkshire Judges are (normally) sensible. They will generally have a quiet word with someone especially in their first tournament. Given some of the "greens" I have seen on the line I shouldn't think you will have a problem. I wear Regattas.
Even when they find out I was born in Lancashire :mischievo

el_t

Sort of along similar lines - what about hats? My hair gets in my face but isnot long enough to tie back so I wear a hat indoors and out. Should it be a particular colour?

Cheers,
L

dell

Sort of along similar lines - what about hats? My hair gets in my face but isnot long enough to tie back so I wear a hat indoors and out. Should it be a particular colour?
L
There are several items of clothing not covered by rule 307, hats, shoes, socks, belts, braces or underwear can be any colour you like. The only stipulation is that any advertising must conform to FITA rules.

el_t

There are several items of clothing not covered by rule 307, hats, shoes, socks, belts, braces or underwear can be any colour you like. The only stipulation is that any advertising must conform to FITA rules.
Better make sure that advertising on my undies is up to scratch then! ;)
Cheers,
L

Ghost Dog

Well in the end I bought these;

adidas Gryphon II Exc Pant - JJB Sports Store Online

Not 100% white obviously, but hopefully near enough. I'm only planning on shooting local club meets until the field season starts again, so hopefully I'll get away with it.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll try not to stir up another hornets nest again!

Dog

:thumbsup: :beer: :cake:

Angel the Archer

Hi :wave: newbie question! GNAS colours are green and white, yes? Can any item be either colour? Can you wear green top white trousers, white top green trousers, all green, all white etc? Also how do you know the green you have is the 'correct' green?! (Long way off needing them but just interested and want to be prepared!

Whitehart

Hi :wave: newbie question! GNAS colours are green and white, yes? Can any item be either colour? Can you wear green top white trousers, white top green trousers, all green, all white etc? Also how do you know the green you have is the 'correct' green?! (Long way off needing them but just interested and want to be prepared!
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) :censored:

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
Oh right, so it's the 'correct green' one you didn't answer then :confused:
That's the difficult one alright :bang:

If your club has shooting colours registered it might be easier.

Watch out if you go for all white - some are very transparent especially when wet (British climate)

Whitehart

Oh right, so it's the 'correct green' one you didn't answer then :confused:
Don't be confused even most judges are not sure of the correct colour green, so these days they don't bother, assuming it's club colours - Just don't try it on with the camo or blue jeans (unless you are Simon Terry at Nimes), not their fault just nobody really knows - so many different shades of dark green:)

Angel the Archer

I gathered that about the all white - hence the :rotfl: Fair enough on the green - a general racing greenish type colour should suffice then when the time comes?

I believe our club colours are navy and white shirts & navy bottom half - I do have it in the club handbook somewhere! Won't do the jeans thing!
Thanks for your help, sorry to hijak the thread!

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
That's the difficult one alright :bang:

If your club has shooting colours registered it might be easier.

Watch out if you go for all white - some are very transparent especially when wet (British climate)

yeah... but it does lead to amusing antics on & off the shooting line!! :mischievo