• Yes - Club Colours Only

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • Yes - Mix of Green & White and Club Colours

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • NO

Votes: 75 48.7%

• Total voters

bowtech

The only issue to consider is safety, to try to specify modes of dress to adults is.... well draconian and belongs back in the 19th century along with a few other attitudes I've come across.[/QUOTE]

well said PV.But there is one other issue to consider though.equality.i for one, cannot wait to turn up at a shoot to see senior men/women shooting the same FITA/York round at competitions.the ONLY segregation being the published results .We shoot together at indoor comps,why not outdoor too...time to "throw those curtains wide" (sure theres a song in there somewhere):beer:

Simon Banks

The dress code is antiquated we don't need to know what clubs we are playing in and even if we did an ID badge would cover it..
I suspect that the GNAS dress codes will become more and more relaxed and in formal..

Made me chuckle seeing a Field archer in shorts, socks and crocs in the woods at open the other day...

He would not have been permitted at my local target club to retrieve arrows.. ;-)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
He would be at ours... and we insist on Rule 307 at club trophy shoots...

Made me chuckle seeing a Field archer in shorts, socks and crocs in the woods at open the other day...

He would not have been permitted at my local target club to retrieve arrows.. ;-)

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
... chuckle seeing a Field archer in shorts, socks and crocs in the woods at open the other day...

On what grounds? FITA field rules might prohibit Crocs (if I read them correctly), rule 307 doesn't.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
well, checking people's equipment isn't rule 307 for starters. Those senior club members are expected to wear their club colours, novices less so as they may well be new/not have any. Have I seen anyone turned away?? No, then again, I've never seen anyone turn up in clothing that breaks 307... especially since it's been loosened. Most people can manage a pair of trousers/t-shirt.

Does that mean you have somebody that checks that shooters equipment is safe and ask them to change/leave if they are not?