Help with bare shaft tuning

Boogy1973

Can anybody help with a problem I?ve got at the moment. I recently upgraded my limbs to the new wins carbon foams,I thought I would maybe need more arrows as I?ve gone up in poundage and I think speed but I would see if I could tune them up first.the problem seems that the bare shaft is planing off to the left at 30m which suggests a stiff spine! I was expecting them to be soft.i then started to wind the limbs in but the bare shaft is still is way left. I don?t think I?ll be winding them in any further at the moment.secondly i seem to get a corkscrewing effect with the arrows as there shot.can someone shed some light on this issue please.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
My first action would be to double check spine rating for arrow length/draw weight. Then go through the entire setup/tuning cycle from the beginning. Then see if I still had a problem. If the problem persists I would be looking for arrow contact with the riser. Corkscrew also suggests nock point height issue. Just because your last arrows seemed okay it does not mean they were not right at one end of the 'okay' scale. You could now be well into the 'not okay' band.

Boogy1973

I’m happy with tiller,the bow is very quite,to the point I’m getting comments about it. 28” draw at 41# on the fingers I would expect to be needing 600-620 spine. So I wasn’t expecting 700 spine to show stiff. They are grouping well just not well enough.no fletch damage that I noticed I’m thinking center shot

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I?m happy with tiller,the bow is very quite,to the point I?m getting comments about it. 28? draw at 41# on the fingers I would expect to be needing 600-620 spine. So I wasn?t expecting 700 spine to show stiff. They are grouping well just not well enough.no fletch damage that I noticed I?m thinking center shot
As Timid Toad said check for fletching damage. I would be expecting riser contact at that spine. If you have 28" draw I suspect your arrows are about 29-29.5" long. 700 spine is way too soft. I would be amazed if the arrows are not bouncing off the riser :) Dust the riser and look for contact. Failing that can you borrow a couple of stiffer arrows to try?

Boogy1973

I agree they should be too soft, it?s what I was expecting but to see them too stiff surprised me a bit. I?ll dig around the club and try some stiffer arrows. Arrows are 28? with about 1 1/2? in front of the button.