Medals masterclass!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
A total of 19 British athletes travelled down under to compete in the 2017 World Masters Games in Auckland - and many of them will be bringing home a little extra luggage!

More...

------------------------------------------------------------
FROM ARCHERY GB NEWS/UPDATE RSS FEED
------------------------------------------------------------

Mark31121

Ironman
A huge well done to JohnK and Timid Toad!

And apologies to any other AIUK members I may have missed.

Senlac

Supporter
Supporter
The AGB article covered only one of the four days' shooting. The final count of GBR MEDALS was:
Gold 11
Silver 6
Bronze 7
Total 24

Particular highlights
Jason Meehan & Michaela Lake each won 4 golds, dominating barebow 50-59 (note: shortly before he left the UK Jason took the UK record for barebow WA25+WA18)
Terry Maskell, Cherry Lyne and David Lilley each won 3 medals;
Terry Course and Terry Maskell won gold and bronze in the Target Compound Men 60-69 after a nail-biting H2H;
UK third in Target medal standing (after NZL & AUS - both of which had hordes of competitors in Auckland)

JohnK

I should add: TT won *four* medals. Gold for 70m H2H, Silver for indoor, and two Bronzes for WA and IFAA field.

Also, for the purposes of matchplay, the ladies 30-39 and 40-49 recurve shooters shot head to head matches against each other. The medals for each age group were awarded according to where the top three archers in each category finished.

TT didn't do things by halves: she ended up in the final against Kateryna Palekha, Ukranian team member and Olympian, taking her to a one arrow shoot off! Kateryna won, but as they were in different age categories, they both won gold :)

JohnK

Thank you :)

It's not quite sunk in yet. I almost went to NZ without my bow, because I was suffering from target panic so badly I thought I'd just be wasting my time.

I'm so glad I didn't listen to my inner demons. The medal was just the icing on the cake; I had such a great experience meeting so many great people from around the world.

JohnK

Cheers :)

I have some thoughts about my experiences with target panic, and I'm going to get them into shape and into a post some time soon.