Oops... Current good extenders...?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I thought about epoxy, but there are actual cracks in the ali tube of the ferrule... on balance I think new is the way to go. Pity. I've really liked my old X10 extender.
They had a reputation for becoming unstuck. But looking at the age of yours, it might be time for a treat anyway.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
The HMC looks okay. About 50% heavier than the Easton, but we're only talking about 30g, which probably isn't significant...
Hmm, if you are looking for light, I can't help.The most important thing to me is straightness. Nothing more irritating than having the whole set up pointing at someone else's target all day...

Stretch

At 5” I’d suggest the Easton Pro-link - which has some of the fat X10 aesthetic. Although if you have a *harsh* way with things you might want something that takes a spanner (Shibuya Ultima is nice at 3”, can’t speak to 5” version) or something like the Gillo aluminium extenders with a tool hole.

Contour extenders come up second hand quite a lot. Early ones are light and a bit fragile. Later ones weigh a ton (more than the Prolink) but are nuke proof.

I might have something… somewhere… if I could find it…

Stretch

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I've been using a strap-wrench style jar opener on stabiliser rods for a while, no tool hole necessary... the shibuya v-bar bolt takes a spanner, though

ThomVis

All my extenders are aluminum tip-to-tip. I saw cheap and expensive carbon extenders do an exploded view impression.
Mybo Universal and the old Doinker with the dampner inside is what I currently use.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
The Doinker Suppression Mount is a good extender, and unlikely to fail. Also unlikely to be an actual suppression mount.

Stretch

In fairness the suppression mount works pretty well- it has a significant weight embedded in doinkery rubber. If your bow has a “little buzz” then they work well. A bit like the old Carbofast hydraulic damper for that matter.

Problem is they weigh a ton - probably as much as your longrod - so significantly change balance and bow dynamics. That might work for you - it might not. If you’re looking for as close to the X10 as you can get - this is not the solution.

And it doesn’t have a proper tool hole :LOL:

Stretch

munchkin

Supporter
Supporter
make one 😬 out of solid ali.
I genuinely can’t remember what I used before my current one, I’ve had it for so long (20 years?)