Performance difference???

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
What difference in performance would you expect to see between the different cores on offer???

Hex 6-w
Hex 6-S
Hex 6-h

What sort of performance increase would you expect to get over a set of Hex 5-h's???

Also, does the BB modifications effect speed, or is it more to do with stability???

Cheers

BorderBows

What difference in performance would you expect to see between the different cores on offer???

Hex 6-w
Hex 6-S
Hex 6-h

What sort of performance increase would you expect to get over a set of Hex 5-h's???

Also, does the BB modifications effect speed, or is it more to do with stability???

Cheers
Wood core. Bread and butter... Staple of most bows.

H core. 20% lighter in density. this equates to abotu 2-3fps increase in speed. For those that have questions about wood cores changing with temperatre. (i think there are bigger variables out there than that) the core is dimensionally stable between -20+50deg C. that is the materials remit in life.

the S core is a similar desnity to the wood core. yet still has a temperature stability question removed about it. since it shares its stability with the H core.

Both of these cores are NOT foams.

the BB1 is a torsional stability increase.
The BB2 is about 3-5 fps speed gain. but it includes the BB1 upgrade.
Ive said this before. i think if your confident in the wood core. and want the faster limb. id opt for the wood core BB2.
but i'll let others fill in other blanks.
the BB2 is smoother than the standard limb too.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Wood core. Bread and butter... Staple of most bows.

H core. 20% lighter in density. this equates to abotu 2-3fps increase in speed. For those that have questions about wood cores changing with temperatre. (i think there are bigger variables out there than that) the core is dimensionally stable between -20+50deg C. that is the materials remit in life.

the S core is a similar desnity to the wood core. yet still has a temperature stability question removed about it. since it shares its stability with the H core.

Both of these cores are NOT foams.

the BB1 is a torsional stability increase.
The BB2 is about 3-5 fps speed gain. but it includes the BB1 upgrade.
Ive said this before. i think if your confident in the wood core. and want the faster limb. id opt for the wood core BB2.
but i'll let others fill in other blanks.
the BB2 is smoother than the standard limb too.

so...how does the S-core performance compare to the wood core??? about the same?? bit faster???

Hudzi93

Can someone explain what the bb1 and bb2 mean? I've looked on the border site and I see the different cores but no mention of bb1 or bb2.

BorderBows

Can someone explain what the bb1 and bb2 mean? I've looked on the border site and I see the different cores but no mention of bb1 or bb2.
They are Hex6 limb upgrades. Where you can take a standard hex6 and boost certain areas of the design should you want to.

We are a custom bow maker. so why not make custom bows.

We can boost TS over the standard limb.
we can boost energy levels over the standard limb.
or we can do both.

Soundarc

Is it possible to get the bb1 and bb2 upgrades on the CvH limbs or does it only apply to the HEX 6 series?

Also how does the CvH compare to HEX 5W it terms of speed?

Hudzi93

They are Hex6 limb upgrades. Where you can take a standard hex6 and boost certain areas of the design should you want to.

We are a custom bow maker. so why not make custom bows.

We can boost TS over the standard limb.
we can boost energy levels over the standard limb.
or we can do both.
Say I were to buy a pair of hex6 limbs second hand. Would there be anything to show that they have had one of these upgrades or would it just be down to the seller to mention it?

Also, do either of these boost have any trade-offs?

BorderBows

Is it possible to get the bb1 and bb2 upgrades on the CvH limbs or does it only apply to the HEX 6 series?

Also how does the CvH compare to HEX 5W it terms of speed?
The BB2 is not possible on the CV series. but we are currently testing the BB1 on it.

BorderBows

Say I were to buy a pair of hex6 limbs second hand. Would there be anything to show that they have had one of these upgrades or would it just be down to the seller to mention it?

Also, do either of these boost have any trade-offs?
there is a little box on the lower limb indicating the technology upgrades.

there is no tradeoffs in that there are more expensive carbons used. (very expensive carbons) ?450 is the price for a top end limb.
but there are better materials out there that that price bracket can reach. so we are trying to offer them in an Upgrade path

- - - Updated - - -

Most definately.....a lighter wallet!!!! ;)
The heavy wallet only wears your shoes out quicker. you should know that being a scotsman! (from the WEST coast)

Cho Ng

Is that true about the '2' box? I've only got my BD recently and the limbs don't have the 2 on them. Just says hex 6h.

Could you check for me Sid? I think the ref on the limbs is 2053nc. Thanks!

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Is that true about the '2' box? I've only got my BD recently and the limbs don't have the 2 on them. Just says hex 6h.

Could you check for me Sid? I think the ref on the limbs is 2053nc. Thanks!

did you order them with the BB enhancements???